Usage of Tweeter

So I am planning to use tweeter in case there will be times when I have to spread facts/incidences that will happen to me and need to be assisted 

for those of you who use tweeter, how and who should i follow people then?

hence i'm not going to use it in order to follow the celebrities

I assume you mean Twitter?

I have an account, but I don't use it anymore really. I used it for the BBC News, Wikileaks and a couple of celebrities (Stephen Fry, for example).

How each person uses it is individual. But to follow someone, you search for their user ID and then select the "follow" button.

What sort of incidents?

If you are expecting immediate responses, Twitter may not be the right platform.

"I have to spread facts/incidences that will happen to me and need to be assisted "

And who would get these tweets? I am assuming your talking about twitter as well and not some audio speaker "tweeter"

Really the only people that would see these would be people following you, or if you had some specific hashtag people were looking for / watching.

But you sending out some tweet, is not going to be seen by anyone to be honest.

I use twitter to follow, that is all - follow cnn, nasa for example, some interesting people (ricky gervais, richard dawkins, Neil deGrasse Tyson, etc) Companies like my hosting providers and kerbal space program for news on updates.

I think you might be misunderstanding the point of twitter.. Its a good tool for companies and famous people to spread info quickly be actually useful like news from like CNN about big headline or company about an outage or recall, or update of some sort. Tweets from people are normally just nonsense - wilw likes to post nonsense about hockey games he is watching and what type of burrito he is eating for example. Beers he has brewed or drinking, ie gibberish nonsense that means nothing to nobody, etc. But to be honest for the everyday joe - I do not really see the point of sending out anything, unless it was directed to a specific person/company for a question of some sort, etc. Good luck getting a response - unless its a small company or person with only a few followers. Somebody with millions and millions of followers must just be flooded - so I have no idea how they pick which ones to read or respond too.

If you need to contact specific people, you prob better off just texting them directly - create a distribution list for sending a text for example. Vs them having to follow you on twitter.

@TweeterUser -  #derp Stabber just informed me cops don't use Tweeter #badidea (1m)

@TweeterUser - Still waiting for cops #Dying @911 Come please! (2m)

@TweeterUser - Just been stabbed, #Stabbed #Ouch @911 at store (3m)

@TweeterUser - Still being followed, incident level: 6 still heading to corner store (5m)

@TweeterUser - Being followed on my way to corner store located at [address] (6m)

@TweeterUser - Heading out to the corner store (19m)

Needless to say... I don't know how well that would work for you.

first of all w the spelling twitter lol i must hav gone mad XD got mixed up w when i was mentioning the word tweet

yeah so what i was looking for was this as i have seen some online captures before

say that u got robbed or some "unfair" incident has happened and u want ppl to know about this. i saw ppl post their stories online and drastically their tweets get retweeted so the local ppl spread the fact

hence i thought it would be cool?

first of all w the spelling twitter lol i must hav gone mad XD got mixed up w when i was mentioning the word tweet

yeah so what i was looking for was this as i have seen some online captures before

say that u got robbed or some "unfair" incident has happened and u want ppl to know about this. i saw ppl post their stories online and drastically their tweets get retweeted so the local ppl spread the fact

hence i thought it would be cool?

use facebook not twitter.

...say that u got robbed or some "unfair" incident has happened and u want ppl to know about this. i saw ppl post their stories online and drastically their tweets get retweeted so the local ppl spread the fact

Ok, think about that for a second. How does that happen? It happens because they have a circle of friends who know friends, and a tweet can go viral. For a local incident though, you may as well stick to Facebook or another social media. You have your friends in the area who can react.

When you first made the post I was thinking of a more global impact from a tweet. You can publicly tweet, but someone in Egypt (it sprung to mind given the recent revolution) isn't going to care if your paper got stolen and you want to catch the perpertrator.

Twitter, like any social media, can have a range of impact. But it depends on what you're saying. For your particular situation - or at least, for the examples you provided - you would get just as good a response posting such things to Facebook as you would posting it to Twitter.

I think of Twitter like this: A medium to send minute-by-minute updates on current affairs. That's how I used it, and others use it differently. But a majority of the tweets that are publicly available could easily be reduced to a person's Facebook update, where their circle of friends will read and react while the rest of the world doesn't care.