Nike sued over lack of label, warning shoes could be dangerous weapons

A 26-year-old Portland pimp has filed a $100 million lawsuit against Nike, claiming the shoe manufacturer is partially responsible for a brutal beating that helped net him a 100-year prison sentence.

Sirgiorgiro Clardy claims Nike should have placed a label in his Jordan shoes warning consumers that they could be used as a dangerous weapon. He was wearing a pair when he repeatedly stomped the face of a john who was trying to leave a Portland hotel without paying Clardy's prostitute in June 2012.

Jurors early in 2013 found him guilty of second-degree assault for using his Jordans -- a dangerous weapon -- to beat the john's face to a pulp. The man required stitches and plastic surgery on his nose.

The jury also found him guilty of robbing the john and beating the 18-year-old woman he forced to work as his prostitute. She was injured so badly that she bled from her ears.

In his three-page complaint handwritten from the Eastern Oregon Correctional Institution in Pendleton, Clardy claims that Nike, Chairman Phil Knight and other executives failed to warn consumers that the shoes could be used as a weapon to cause serious injury or death.

"Under product liability there is a certain standard of care that is required to be up-held by potentially dangerous product ..." wrote Clardy, who is representing himself. "Do (sic) to the fact that these defendants named in this Tort claim failed to warn of risk or to provide an adequate warning or instruction it has caused personal injury in the likes of mental suffering." :wacko:

more

If any judge is so stupid as to even bother with this he/she should loose his/her practice. If I go in the supermarket, take an orange and pelt a shopper with it, will they say the supermarket should label the orange as a potential weapon? For God sakes stop being stupid humans! Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

And the result would have been different if he wasn't wearing shoes? A naked heel can probably do just as much if not more damage to a face. I also like how it's supposed to be Nikes fault this guy decided to stomp some ones face in regardless of what shoes he was wearing.

If only stupid actually hurt. There would be far less stupid people in this world. 

wait he stomped on the persons face? maybe we should have his dumb*** feet labeled as a weapon not the shoe? because the shoe is just a wrapper around his hard feet to start with...... idiot

wait he stomped on the persons face? maybe we should have his dumb*** feet labeled as a weapon not the shoe? because the shoe is just a wrapper around his hard feet to start with...... idiot

Well, we can't have people wandering around in jail with dangerous weapons, can we?  I suggest we should confiscate his feet.  I have an axe they can borrow.

the problem here is his charge had extra penalty for using "a dangerous weapon" - you get less time in you kill someone with a car or push them off something than you would if you shot, stabbed or clubbed someone with a bat.

the judge and prosecutor shouldn't have tried to penalize him for using a deadly weapon since he just stomped a mofo 

Nikes new jingle......

These boots are made for walkin and thats what they gonna do
You wanna use em for stompin
That we just aint gonna do

Its a complete and utter fail

There aint no room for you in our kit

The Judge said Go on back to jail..... Just Do It!

sytycd-gif1.gif

I don't know what you heard about me

But a bitch can't get a dollar out of me

No Cadillac, no perms, you can't see

That I'm a mother######ing P-I-M-P

Nike should send him this in a letter.