Facebook sidebar chat gone on new update?

So I just did a dumb thing and upgraded Facebook on my iphone 4 OS 6. I used to be able to slide the chat sidebar from the right side of the screen with a swipe but now I can't seem to... Is this a new rediculous update? I tried tge new "messenger" thing but don't wanna have to open a new dang app up just to chat with people. Any help would be great.

Try hitting the top right icon (looks like a person and three horizontal lines).

Do you have chat turned off? That's not what mine looks like. You're missing the top right button

If chat was turned off, you should still be able to see the top right button. The sidebar just blanks out.

I'm wagering a guess that it has to do with the older iOS 6.x version of the app... currently testing it out on my 4th gen iPod touch.

edit: I still see the button on iOS 6.x in Facebook. To the OP: Try deleting and reinstalling the Facebook app.

Well crap worked for just after the install but just opened up facebook and the icon/chat swipe are gone again.... Seems like I'm screwed... Broke my own rule "don't fix it if it ain't broke" when I upgraded

It's been gone for me for quite a while now. Facebook wants me use Facebook Messenger.app instead. And I don't intend to do so, therefore I just go the the message centre.

• 2 months later...

I had the same before and just restarting it helped the chat side bar to come back again or i switch between the bottom tabs just as if am refreshing the news feed cause it only works in the news feed

• Eric locked this topic