• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 13 January 2014 - 04:33

I have not had many issues with my Xbox One yet besides some of the obvious stuff but when I try to watch movies or tv shows on Amazon Instant Video my Xbox will randomly disconnect from my local wireless network and then I have to manually reconnect it. Does anyone know why this is happening or have this happen to them? This could also be an issue with my Modem/Router I just bought a few weeks ago (TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router (Model No. TD-W8980)) and have not tested another one with it yet.

Best Answer magik , 14 January 2014 - 16:20

The issue is likely with the router. Try disabling one of the bands on the dual-band router and see if that helps at all.

Go to the full post

#2 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 January 2014 - 06:06

Well as always, its great if you could run a wire to the X1 just to test and see if you get a solid connection with that. 

Also, are you using Comcast as your provider?  There have been issues that Comcast and MS are working to resolve.

I have had to use wireless for the last few days while I was doing some network connection switching and so far I have not noticed drops, but I have not tried to watch a movie yet, just some short videos on youtube.  It can be frustrating to try and troubleshoot wireless issues since a lot can go wrong. 

#3 GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3110

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:01

As trooper11 mentioned its best to have a wired connection to the Xbox One.

Also check this previous topic on the issue for more information:

http://www.neowin.ne...r-wifi-problem/

#4 OP Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

Posted 14 January 2014 - 00:00

Thanks for the info guys, I have Century Link by the way.

#5 magik

magik

It's magik baby!

Posted 14 January 2014 - 16:20   Best Answer

The issue is likely with the router. Try disabling one of the bands on the dual-band router and see if that helps at all.

#6 OP Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

Posted 14 January 2014 - 20:30

I was actually wondering if that was the problem. I will disable the 5Ghz band and see if that fixes the issue.

#7 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:52

Router or ISP issue for sure. Nothing wrong with your X1. Used to happen to me occasionally with 360 and PS3, but then just stopped and working perfect now. I think it was a signal boost the ISP did, allows Wi Fi to work with more stability. As others said, this was not an issue with Ethernet. But I just can't stand wires, so consoles and even the desktop are Wi Fi.

#8 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 17 January 2014 - 10:06

Can't help with the issue but I run my XB1 fully on wifi all the time and can't think of a single time it has disconnected, I know I am just one person but it wouldn't seem to be a problem that affects everyone at least.

#9 OP Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

Posted 17 January 2014 - 16:43

It never happens unless I am using Amazon Instant Video. Last night, after turning off the 5Ghz band, I actually made it through 3 complete 40 minute episodes. Seems like that fixed it.

#10 magik

magik

It's magik baby!

Posted 20 January 2014 - 00:28

Glad that worked out for you! :)

#11 Stokkolm

Stokkolm

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Lumia 1520

Posted 20 January 2014 - 01:51

Router or ISP issue for sure. Nothing wrong with your X1. Used to happen to me occasionally with 360 and PS3, but then just stopped and working perfect now. I think it was a signal boost the ISP did, allows Wi Fi to work with more stability. As others said, this was not an issue with Ethernet. But I just can't stand wires, so consoles and even the desktop are Wi Fi.

How would WiFi drops be an issue with the ISP?

#12 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:12

How would WiFi drops be an issue with the ISP?

There was an issue using wifi for Comcast customers due to an IPv6 issue. I don't know the details, but Comcast was working with MS to fix that.

#13 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 26 January 2014 - 09:06

sorry for the late reply. disruptions from the ISP can clearly affect Wi-Fi, I mean if the main connection is fluctuating, even the best router can't do much to help. hope the issue has been resolved since, I think while not at the level of electricity or water, internet as a must-have utility has come a very long way in recent years and is infinitely more reliable than what we had even a short time ago.