Xbox One Disconnecting from Wireless Network

I have not had many issues with my Xbox One yet besides some of the obvious stuff but when I try to watch movies or tv shows on Amazon Instant Video my Xbox will randomly disconnect from my local wireless network and then I have to manually reconnect it. Does anyone know why this is happening or have this happen to them? This could also be an issue with my Modem/Router I just bought a few weeks ago (TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit ADSL2+ Modem Router (Model No. TD-W8980)) and have not tested another one with it yet.

Well as always, its great if you could run a wire to the X1 just to test and see if you get a solid connection with that. 

Also, are you using Comcast as your provider?  There have been issues that Comcast and MS are working to resolve.

I have had to use wireless for the last few days while I was doing some network connection switching and so far I have not noticed drops, but I have not tried to watch a movie yet, just some short videos on youtube.  It can be frustrating to try and troubleshoot wireless issues since a lot can go wrong. 

I was actually wondering if that was the problem. I will disable the 5Ghz band and see if that fixes the issue.

Router or ISP issue for sure. Nothing wrong with your X1. Used to happen to me occasionally with 360 and PS3, but then just stopped and working perfect now. I think it was a signal boost the ISP did, allows Wi Fi to work with more stability. As others said, this was not an issue with Ethernet. But I just can't stand wires, so consoles and even the desktop are Wi Fi.

Can't help with the issue but I run my XB1 fully on wifi all the time and can't think of a single time it has disconnected, I know I am just one person but it wouldn't seem to be a problem that affects everyone at least.

It never happens unless I am using Amazon Instant Video. Last night, after turning off the 5Ghz band, I actually made it through 3 complete 40 minute episodes. Seems like that fixed it.

Router or ISP issue for sure. Nothing wrong with your X1. Used to happen to me occasionally with 360 and PS3, but then just stopped and working perfect now. I think it was a signal boost the ISP did, allows Wi Fi to work with more stability. As others said, this was not an issue with Ethernet. But I just can't stand wires, so consoles and even the desktop are Wi Fi.

How would WiFi drops be an issue with the ISP?

How would WiFi drops be an issue with the ISP?

There was an issue using wifi for Comcast customers due to an IPv6 issue. I don't know the details, but Comcast was working with MS to fix that.

sorry for the late reply. disruptions from the ISP can clearly affect Wi-Fi, I mean if the main connection is fluctuating, even the best router can't do much to help. hope the issue has been resolved since, I think while not at the level of electricity or water, internet as a must-have utility has come a very long way in recent years and is infinitely more reliable than what we had even a short time ago.

• 2 years later...

Hi

Even I am facing the same problem. My xbox one getting disconnected from internet (wireless) very often, but at the same time, other devices connected to it seems o be ok. could able to browse. Mine is 3.1 MBps. Every time, I had switch off the route and switch again for re establishing the connection.

Kindly help me o overcome the problem. Is it a fault on xbox one? should I have to contact for repair?