So today is my birthday...

When I was a kid birthdays meant a lot.. mostly presents. As I've grown older.. birthdays are just another day.  No, I don't feel older than I did the day before.   I mean, even Christmas now is just a couple days off of work.

Happy Birthday!

I think you misunderstood me; For me, my birthday is a very special day. Hell, I would make it a national holiday for all to celebrate. Its the only day of the year where I can be selfish, think of myself, and nothing else...

It's a very special day indeed, but with each passing year I find myself feeling less motivated to actually do anything special.

It's a day that you can dedicate solely to yourself. Do anything that you like. I usually take a day off :D

Hello,

Happy Birthday!

It's a very special day indeed, but with each passing year I find myself feeling less motivated to actually do anything special.

It's a day that you can dedicate solely to yourself. Do anything that you like. I usually take a day off :D

Thank you.

I dont feel the need to do anything special either (something different than other normal days I mean) but I do like to celebrate it with my friends (which sadly I wont do this year)

One pet peeve I do have is congradulating me: If you dont congradulate me, its basically "###### I hope you die" for the rest of your life.

I am VERY extreme with that feeling. The sooner you congrad me, the sooner you get it over with and the sooner Im happy.

Happy birthday!! :)

I always used to take my birthday off from work! How can you party/celebrate at work?

Always used to wish my birthday was in the warmer part of the year too! :(

I'm old enough now where my birthday is still just another day, although if I was working, I would still take it off! ;)

• Like 2

i have never been fond of Birthdays and i never celebrate my own. I try not to be rude to people that congratulate me on my birthday and thank them for their thoughts. But if i had my way it would be just another day. I just wish my Wife fully understood that. She keep throwing me surprise parties with mine and her family. (I do not have any friends that live locally)

Hello,

I feel more or less exactly the opposite about my birthday and, when remembered and reminded, I politely accept, quietly nod or just frown and sigh. Which, of course, is related to depression, but you know - one cannot be comfortable without his own approval. It is not just birthdays, too.

Therefore it is somewhat difficult for me to understand Your idea of birthday, the necessity to be congratulated and the overall attitude towards it, even though other ego-feeding activities (post likes, to begin with) do not escape me.

Now then, because You insist (in fact, You don't, but it can be imagined to be so easily),

Have a Happy Day.

I hope it's satisfactory in this context. My therapist told to have and wish happy days, regardless of events. That is in odds with my theory of Equilibrium of Misery, on the other hand, theory of Path of Least Resistance allows to postpone it, so happy it is.

Regards,

Phouchg

P.S. Does goretsky know you're parodying his always unexpectedly polite manner of expression?

Hello,

Therefore it is somewhat difficult for me to understand Your idea of birthday, the necessity to be congratulated and the overall attitude towards it, even though other ego-feeding activities (post likes, to begin with) do not escape me.

Well to me its the only day of the year where I am selfish and can be selfish because it is my day. I dont have to do anything for anyone.

Have a Happy Day.

You dont have to so I dont know why you even entered or post in this thread but oh well, can't let a internet user ruin my day I guess.

I hope it's satisfactory in this context. My therapist told to have and wish happy days, regardless of events. That is in odds with my theory of Equilibrium of Misery, on the other hand, theory of Path of Least Resistance allows to postpone it, so happy it is.

Well, you just explained to us why exactly you need and see a therapist. Thanks for sharing that.

Happy Birthday, riahc3.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I suppose my birthday is important, but not because I was born on that day. I have two siblings who were born on the same day, you see. That is what makes the day special to me.

Try to ignore the comments that may be construed as an insult. Stay happy on your special day!

You dont have to so I dont know why you even entered or post in this thread but oh well, can't let a internet user ruin my day I guess.

Hello,

You made a discussion topic and asked a question, no different from thousands of others. It was to be answered at the best of everyone's ability. It's unfortunate that the first reply that is too unacceptable may have had a potential to as much as ruin your day. It takes more than that to get me down and that's telling. I'm not getting you down, am I...

Hello,

Happy Birthday, riahc3.

I'm not sure how to answer your question. I suppose my birthday is important, but not because I was born on that day. I have two siblings who were born on the same day, you see. That is what makes the day special to me.

Try to ignore the comments that may be construed as an insult. Stay happy on your special day!

On the same day as in you were born on Jan 20 1930 and your kids were born in Jan 20 2001? (fictious dates just to show examples) Thats quite some stroke of luck!

And thank you.

One pet peeve I do have is congradulating me: If you dont congradulate me, its basically "**** you I hope you die" for the rest of your life.

I am VERY extreme with that feeling. The sooner you congrad me, the sooner you get it over with and the sooner Im happy.

Hello,

I feel more or less exactly the opposite about my birthday and, when remembered and reminded, I politely accept, quietly nod or just frown and sigh. Which, of course, is related to depression, but you know - one cannot be comfortable without his own approval. It is not just birthdays, too.

I often wish if I could just turn off my phone on my birthdays... :D so that everyone would just leave me alone, just once, only for one day in a whole year :D