Hello Neowin,

I am excited to share my first every Android App with the community - Energy Bar! The idea is inspired by the the Battery Bar app from the Windows Mobile days. I have added by own little twist to it by adding a pulsating animation (when charging,) which is more than just an indication of charger plugged in - it even tells you visually what was your initial charge level (when you plugged in) and what's the current level. 

To accompany it, is a interactive UI,

? An interactive UI to configure the Bar live, which reflects your color choice on both the Bar and the UI itself.
? Can be aligned left-right-center of the screen.
? Multiple colors option - the Bar changes color in every 20% Battery level interval.
? Thickness of the Bar can be configured.
? Option to start the Bar automatically on phone restart.
? Options to keep a shortcut to either hide or configure the Bar instantly from notification panel.
? Puts 0% load on CPU when running on Battery, on Battery level changes, system wakes up the Bar momentarily to update.

en_generic_rgb_wo_60.png

Screenshots (Click them to see a full-sized one!):

qiXrZGo1WqLhcBtTFF1FGFyBdOdOCaQJ5z787Bco  4YGJFGzgVyQDvUNIs20i9Xj-6aR_aV2mvnVu-Ui-  2G1B44nGCG9NxCpqXYR4VQX0gPITUgRl01epKX_K  cBbJWJS8w_iZaf2WPZTxt8xp2zdaD1S1sBoTQTLU  TlJGZLsxRNldf3M5d9SyY-HiQpL4bft_Jynpy0T3

I would love to hear your feedbacks, comments, suggestions.

We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.

I get that when clicking the link.

Any chance of some screenshots? I only ask because there are plenty of battery widgets and icons out there, and at the end of the day all I'm looking for is something that will give me a numerical value. The additional bells and whistles are nice additions but they are pointless for me without a numerical value to look at.

:o, that's weird, the link works perfectly fine for me. 

Screenshots added, but am afraid the app doesn't feature a numerical value as you would like. And that was intentional, because the whole idea is to show Battery level without much distraction on the screen/Notification bar - the app will be particularly useful doing something fullscreen - movies, maybe? Anyways, thanks for the interest! :)

Woah! I'm not clicking those screenshot links...I get asked to download things, and being on a work machine at the second I'm not going to risk it.

Personally a numerical value is far more efficient. I can glance and have a number out of 100 for the battery life.

Oh well, don't ya worry, no misleading link is burried there, clicking it them should just open the full-sized version of the particular pic alone but depending on browser/system, instead of opening it you might be asked to straight-away download it. I can see, why you would prefer a numeric value, from another perspective, some like, everything to be minimalist. Personally, I don't like, anything on the notification bar except the required icons. Further, as I mentioned earlier, doing things like watching a movie, where the status bar is usually hidden, this will enable anyone to read battery level without interrupting the playing movie.

(1) There's no need for a bit.ly link here. This is the full URI:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=you.in.spark.energy

(2) There's screenshots on the Play Store page. I would advise referring people to those rather than linking to some pics in an unconventional format on an oddball domain.

<link>

Much better! Thanks for that.

However, I stand by my comment from earlier. For me that isn't accurate enough, and I would spend more time looking at my screen trying to figure out the battery level than if I just glanced at a number. It looks pretty, mind.

In all honesty, from those screen shots I am honestly not sure of what the differences are between what your app does and my phone?

Puts a bar on the top of the screen that shows battery life.  Look at the screens at the top and you will see it.  Took me a second.

Puts a bar on the top of the screen that shows battery life.  Look at the screens at the top and you will see it.  Took me a second.

I have a bar at the top of my screen that shows battery life and I don't have the above app. So other than the extra icons and notifications I currently have... what in those screen shot is actually different with regards to the battery icon?

Screenshot_2014-01-13-17-52-36.png

Took me a while to see the bar above the notification bar from the market place screenshots, you may want to have the 1st image showing its largest state so its more obvious for the smaller state screenshots :)

I have a bar at the top of my screen that shows battery life and I don't have the above app. So other than the extra icons and notifications I currently have... what in those screen shot is actually different with regards to the battery icon?

Screenshot_2014-01-13-17-52-36.png

Look at the top of each screenshot and you will see a bar that does not go fully over to the right.  Each screenshot, different color bar. 

In all honesty, from those screen shots I am honestly not sure of what the differences are between what your app does and my phone?

As +techbeck mentioned, look at the extreme top of the screen (above status bar.) Here, let me help you, I have a video of the ALPHA version of the App (there is a significant difference in terms of UI - Screenshots!) :

you images are in WebP/VP8 format, that's why they're not showing for us(ex:people using ie,firefox).

Took me a while to see the bar above the notification bar from the market place screenshots, you may want to have the 1st image showing its largest state so its more obvious for the smaller state screenshots :)

Ah, yes! I just noticed the format of the images, sorry about that. Can't edit the main post now, anyways, the images could be viewed in full-size from market link.

P.S. Just updated with a new version on Google Play Market (Version EB_2), should be live in a couple of hours or may be even sooner.

Look at the top of each screenshot and you will see a bar that does not go fully over to the right.  Each screenshot, different color bar. 

As +techbeck mentioned, look at the extreme top of the screen (above status bar.) Here, let me help you, I have a video of the ALPHA version of the App (there is a significant difference in terms of UI - Screenshots!) :

Ah, yes! I just noticed the format of the images, sorry about that. Can't edit the main post now, anyways, the images could be viewed in full-size from market link.

P.S. Just updated with a new version on Google Play Market (Version EB_2), should be live in a couple of hours or may be even sooner.

Thanks guys I see it now, In all honesty I did notice that but thought it was more something to do with the screen shot than what the actual app was doing. I was focusing more on the standard battery icon and expecting that to change in someway.

I know this may sound weird giving the default battery icon etc but I don't like the non symetrical feel it gives to the screen. I don't think I can fully describe why in my head the battery is fine as being as it is but this gives an uneven feel to the screen. To be fair I am pretty boring with my android phone, apart from occaisionally changing the wallpaper it's a pretty stock 4.4 with no real mods to it from app's so I guess I'm not the right audience anyway.

• 2 weeks later...