#1 GotBored

GotBored

Moved to NeoGAF

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 13 January 2014 - 10:49

Xbox One live broadcasting still months away

http://www.trustedre...ill-months-away

Now, with fans demanding answers, Twitch itself has spoken up on the matter, revealing that the Xbox One’s gameplay broadcasting feature is still some way away from being ready. 

The company recently Tweeted the following: "Xbox One Direct Broadcasting: There is no ETA at this time from Microsoft. Expect a few more months. If we know sooner, we'll update."

- Just an update on the live streaming feature for the Xbox One.

#2 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:11

Marc Whitten said the same thing at CES. He said it wouldn't be part of the update coming soon, but that it would be up and running before E3.

http://www.neowin.ne...#entry596207805

#3 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 13 January 2014 - 14:15

Wonder what's taking so long considering this at E3

E3-2013-Microsoft-Press-Conference-Twitc

2013-E3-Microsoft-Xbox-One-Twitch-03.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-06-10-at-10.28.14-AM.pn

Unless that demo was another Milo incident.

#4 +timster

timster

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: iPhone 4

Posted 13 January 2014 - 14:37

so, who will be the first to abuse the system and **** it all up for the rest of us?

*by abuse the system, I mean do something like broadcast themselves in a sexual nature.

#5 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 13 January 2014 - 16:19

so, who will be the first to abuse the system and **** it all up for the rest of us?

*by abuse the system, I mean do something like broadcast themselves in a sexual nature.

They'll just get banned, already happened on the PS4.

#6 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 January 2014 - 16:25

Sad news to those looking forward to this feature, not one I am interested in myself but in the never ending "console wars" its a plus for Playstation (If I understan AudioBoxers post correctly). Given the industry things like Youtube and Twitch are really popular for gamers so I can imagine this is a deciding factor for some gamers.

#7 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 January 2014 - 16:28

Wonder what's taking so long considering this at E3

Unless that demo was another Milo incident.

I guess as Mark Whitten (guy in those shots) recently clarified to Engadget, it will come before next E3 (He said something like I show stuff at E3 that is going to happen by next E3).

I think it is just a matter of launch priorities.

side note: Has Sony released everything they showed/announced at reveal?

#8 magik

magik

It's magik baby!

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 13 January 2014 - 17:50

I guess I don't really understand the big fuss around a feature like this. Like I can understand for a professional gaming league or a tournament or something, but those are already broadcasted in other ways. What's the point of seeing amateur players?

#9 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 13 January 2014 - 17:54

I guess I don't really understand the big fuss around a feature like this. Like I can understand for a professional gaming league or a tournament or something, but those are already broadcasted in other ways. What's the point of seeing amateur players?

It's a hobbie for people just as much as those who make YT videos. A lot of them even give up their day job to do it full time.

It goes way beyond tournaments, it's just the next evolution of social gaming.

#10 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:01

Good to hear it will make it before E3.

Hopefully the delay means we see a fairly robust app. The ps4 is a nice start, but I think more could be done.

MS mentioned earlier that it was delayed due to them not being happy with the quality of the app, so its possible that what we saw at E3 last year was just part of the beta app that was actually functioning.

#11 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:18

Lol at the chat screenshot, what companies think happens in Twitch chat and what actually happens in twitch chat are remarkably different. Sony's was funny too.

Twitch.+Twitch_a1de46_4791891.png

#12 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:22

It's a hobbie for people just as much as those who make YT videos. A lot of them even give up their day job to do it full time.

It goes way beyond tournaments, it's just the next evolution of social gaming.

Those who give up their day jobs and making living off of youtube videos, better have their own capture gear for better quality instead of limiting to 720p streams from PS4 (AFAIK) and possibly XBO too.

#13 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 19:31

Those who give up their day jobs and making living off of youtube videos, better have their own capture gear for better quality instead of limiting to 720p streams from PS4 (AFAIK) and possibly XBO too.

It's annoying joining a channel, seeing a bimbo in a low-cut shirt with her boobs spilling out, her "facecam" taking up 75% of the screen, the game footage squeezed into the bottom corner, the rest made up of commercials, getting harassed to subscribe to her channel for $4.99 a month etc. And you see scrolling messages across the video with her donators, often with individual people giving her hundreds of dollars, I've seen donations to people like this exceed a thousand. While everyone in the chat just fawns over her.

It's why I prefer going into smaller streamers rooms, the chat usually talks about the game, you can have a good chat with them, the streamer usually interacts with you etc. I watch a guy stream Assassins Creed on the PS4 using the built in Twitch app and much prefer the atmosphere of channels like that.

#14 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2014 - 20:42

I think the amount of people this actually impacts is alarmingly small. It's a nice feature, but it's hardly a massive omission, unlike what some tech sites have written.

#15 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 20:46

I think the amount of people this actually impacts is alarmingly small. It's a nice feature, but it's hardly a massive omission, unlike what some tech sites have written.

The PS4 accounted for 20% of all Twitch Traffic when it launched, the Xbox would probably hit a similar percentage.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!