xbox one live broadcasting update patch features coming microsoft

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 13 January 2014 - 21:30

It's why I prefer going into smaller streamers rooms, the chat usually talks about the game, you can have a good chat with them, the streamer usually interacts with you etc. I watch a guy stream Assassins Creed on the PS4 using the built in Twitch app and much prefer the atmosphere of channels like that.

Personally, I have little to no interest in the chat beyond possibly asking the streamer a question. Same as how I feel about commenting on YouTube videos, I just have no interest.

What I like about it is getting game content being played by personalities that entertain me. Its a way to see so much gameplay that I would otherwise never see. I treat it like a TV show. The whole 'social' side of it just doesn't appeal to me.

Expanding twitch to more people is great since it could lead to more entertaining people doing gameplay videos, but it will also mean there will be more crap to wade through. I don't know if I will stream stuff myself (I have yet to do it on my ps4), but I will watch those that appeal to my tastes.

#17 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 13 January 2014 - 21:44

Those who give up their day jobs and making living off of youtube videos, better have their own capture gear for better quality instead of limiting to 720p streams from PS4 (AFAIK) and possibly XBO too.

Many/most of them start off with very modest set ups and via partnership/subs build up their equipment.

The hardest part is getting noticed/being an interesting streamer. Having Twitch integration could allow that first step, plus it's just cool to stream to friends online. I enjoy watching Twitch 1000x more than the **** uploaded to IGN/Gamespot/Gametrailers etc. Unbiased representation, no hiding flaws/bugs/crap gameplay in fear of losing ad revenue.

#18 spenser.d

spenser.d

Neowinian Senior

Posted 13 January 2014 - 21:56

The PS4 accounted for 20% of all Twitch Traffic when it launched, the Xbox would probably hit a similar percentage.

Sure, but it's a tiny percentage of all the gamers out there that will buy these consoles (I'd wager less than 1%, but perhaps I'm wrong), which is why it shouldn't really be considered such a glaring omission.

#19 Anthony Tosie

Anthony Tosie

Neowinian

Posted 13 January 2014 - 23:11

The PS4 accounted for 20% of all Twitch Traffic when it launched, the Xbox would probably hit a similar percentage.

As Spenser said, however, the real question is what percentage of PS4 users used the app, not what percentage of the app's users come from the PS4.

#20 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 13 January 2014 - 23:43

It's a hobbie for people just as much as those who make YT videos. A lot of them even give up their day job to do it full time.

It goes way beyond tournaments, it's just the next evolution of social gaming.

It's not a hobbie in games like wow. We actually broadcasted our heroic raids a couple of years ago.

#21 siah1214

siah1214

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 13 January 2014 - 23:51

20% of 5 people is 1, so good for them gaining that 1 user ;)

I'm exaggerating but it's a niche and hardly a big deal for, I'd venture to say 90% of gamers. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!