Need help in FIFA14

This game is hard to master!

I have been playing a lot of FUT and kickoff matches. I am pretty sure I understand the basics fairly well. But for some reason I have all the difficulty in the world to steal the ball from my opponent (especially on World Class). They run around across the field without a care in the world. They avoid all my slides and tackles. I also do not use sprint too much.

As for attacking I am having trouble generating scoring chances. Yes the occasional sideline run with through balls work but that's not enough to compete at higher difficulties. I always end up losing the ball.

Attack - I use a lot of regular passes and through passes (including lob through). I only sprint to get away and gain distance. I do not use skill moves to go past my opponent. I move the ball a lot.

Defense - I use the Air Ball auto switch only. I always switch to a different player when I am behind the one I am chasing. I sprint to them and use X (PS4) to contain them while using O to tackle the ball and alot of shirt pulling by tapping on O to avoid getting a card.

Is there something I am not doing right ? I would love to get better. I feel like I don't have all the tools needed to get better. It's not that I do not do something right, it's that I do not use all the tools I need to succeed.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated :) I play on PSN if anyone wants to play with me to give me some pointers.

THANKS!

I've been playing FIFA for 4 years now, and anything above Professional is just physically impossible for me.

Like you said, they just walk around every one of your players with ease and then destroy the ball into the back of the net.  As hard as I try, I can hardly ever get a food on the ball.  I just don't see how anybody could compete at those higher levels.

FUT is really aggravating since most of the tournaments are above the Pro level.

I've been playing FIFA for 4 years now, and anything above Professional is just physically impossible for me.

Like you said, they just walk around every one of your players with ease and then destroy the ball into the back of the net.  As hard as I try, I can hardly ever get a food on the ball.  I just don't see how anybody could compete at those higher levels.

FUT is really aggravating since most of the tournaments are above the Pro level.

Glad I am not alone. FUT is OK when you get semi-pro/pro matches. But I really struggle on World Class. Are there any coaches out there ? :D

This game is hard to master!

Oh God yes. My brother and I have played 6 games in a row without scoring a single goal against one another. I wish I could help you, but you're probably already much more advanced than I am. For defense I just hold A (on Xbox Controller) for containing, press RB (R1 on PS4 I think) to call another player and try to randomly run into the attacking player, and I seem to get the ball fairly often. Tackling (with X) gets me yellow cards and free kicks too often. Then again I only play at low difficulty levels.

Tackling (with X) gets me yellow cards and free kicks too often. Then again I only play at low difficulty levels.

One thing I really hate about the recent FIFA games is how hard they've made it to tackle.  In FIFA 10, the "hit detection" was damn near perfect and you could rack up 5 red cards easily if you tackle like crazy.  FIFA 14 is a little better than the previous 2 years, but when you tackle, the other player will likely "clip" right though your invisible feet and not go down.  It drives me nuts.

If I want to punish a player, I want to make it count!  :rofl:

It's a "problem" with Fifa 14. EA Sports always get complaints that the higher levels are too easy, but this year they made it the jump from Pro to World Class too big. I've been playing on World Class(fifa 13) and Legendary(fifa <13), but on Fifa 14, I'm also having difficulties playing on World Class. Professional is too easy though. A lot of practice will help. Getting better on World Class now after trying and failing alot, but playing through in the middle is still hard.

A good tip is to make sure you don't use your defensive players until the opponent are inside or at the 18-yard box. Run back with your midfielders until they reach the box, as even the slightest movement with you defenders will open up a lot of room.

Astra.Xtreme: I know the feeling. I believe the next-gen's Ignite engine fixed a lot of the "invisible foots".

It's a "problem" with Fifa 14. EA Sports always get complaints that the higher levels are too easy, but this year they made it the jump from Pro to World Class too big. I've been playing on World Class(fifa 13) and Legendary(fifa <13), but on Fifa 14, I'm also having difficulties playing on World Class. Professional is too easy though. A lot of practice will help. Getting better on World Class now after trying and failing alot, but playing through in the middle is still hard.

A good tip is to make sure you don't use your defensive players until the opponent are inside or at the 18-yard box. Run back with your midfielders until they reach the box, as even the slightest movement with you defenders will open up a lot of room.

Astra.Xtreme: I know the feeling. I believe the next-gen's Ignite engine fixed a lot of the "invisible foots".

Good tip. That will probably reduce the open space they have against me. It does not forgive when you slide and you miss the tackle. 3 times in a row and they have enough room to make a successful play.

I haven't tried legendary yet... and I don't plan to haha.

Just played a FUT game online... my rating is 80 with a chemistry of 100. I was beat 0-4 by a guy with 60 rating. This is really starting to be frustrating.

When the opposing team has the ball they dribble as they please... NONE of my players are putting pressure (apart from mine). When I have the ball.. complete opposite. There's 4 players on me and I cannot even MOVE. I just feel like throwing my controller across the room :)

I would LOVE to understand what I am doing wrong.

Lower rated teams in FUT usually have an advantage, the game automatically boosts their players with handicaps. People try to deny it happens but when a bronze rated left back with a pace of 48 not only keeps up with Theo Walcott with a pace of 96 but gets in-front and tackles him you know that something isn't right. FUT is great when you have a fair game against an equally matched side but more often than not the player with the better team will come off worse against a side with bronze or silver players muddled into their Gold team.