As some of you will know Neowin has a Minecraft server of its own. Why not have a little building competition on it to attract more players to it?
Basics about the server (official thread here):
- Address: mc.neowin.net
- Type: Survival, though a starter kit and food can be found at spawn
- Bukkit with the Essentials and Dynmap plug-in
- Map address: mc.neowin.net:8123
- Players must be whitelisted.
For the competition everyone is free to build what their creativity and the available resources allow for. Go wild in your designs, just as long as it's no phallic object.
Some basic rules:
- Build near(-ish) spawn. It's hard to find builds 20,000 blocks away.
- You may only use whatever the server provides by default. No creative mode or fly mode.
- Participation is open to all Neowin community members with at least 20 posts (we have to weed out the one post wonders somehow...)
- Contest builds must be labeled as such. Existing builds are not eligible for the competition.
- Use your own creativity - downloading schematics from the web won't do.
The competition ends on Saturday, February 1st, 18:00 Central European Time. This gives players enough time to get whitelisted (if they aren't already), gather resources and build.
After the competition ends the server operators will pick a winner. The price? A tier 2 subscription for Neowin.
Now go forth and build!