Neowin Minecraft building competition

As some of you will know Neowin has a Minecraft server of its own. Why not have a little building competition on it to attract more players to it?

Basics about the server (official thread here):

• Address: mc.neowin.net
  • Type: Survival, though a starter kit and food can be found at spawn
  • Bukkit with the Essentials and Dynmap plug-in 
  • Map address: mc.neowin.net:8123
  • Players must be whitelisted.

For the competition everyone is free to build what their creativity and the available resources allow for. Go wild in your designs, just as long as it's no phallic object. :shifty:

Some basic rules:

• Build near(-ish) spawn. It's hard to find builds 20,000 blocks away.
  • You may only use whatever the server provides by default. No creative mode or fly mode.
  • Participation is open to all Neowin community members with at least 20 posts (we have to weed out the one post wonders somehow...)
  • Contest builds must be labeled as such. Existing builds are not eligible for the competition.
  • Use your own creativity - downloading schematics from the web won't do.

The competition ends on Saturday, February 1st, 18:00 Central European Time. This gives players enough time to get whitelisted (if they aren't already), gather resources and build.

After the competition ends the server operators will pick a winner. The price? A tier 2 subscription for Neowin.

Now go forth and build!

are we aloud to us things we all rety have? and can we gather for the compatison befor it starts?

You can gather all the material you want, but not use any buildings you have worked on already. Build something new close-ish to spawn.

No VoxelSniper or WorldEdit? Boooring.

You can't please some people. :P

e3407380e697fcdf6c533b64af96ceb8.jpg

I'll pass :(

It's always worth a try, no?

You can gather all the material you want, but not use any buildings you have worked on already. Build something new close-ish to spawn.

You can't please some people. :p

It's always worth a try, no?

This is true. 

Hmmm, what do we win?

FBs spelling aside (he's German, his English is about a zillions times better than my German is so he gets a pass on that)

The price? A tier 2 subscription for Neowin.

FBs spelling aside (he's German, his English is about a zillions times better than my German is so he gets a pass on that)

What do you mean by that?( If you mean that I'm german, I'm not.)

What do you mean by that?( If you mean that I'm german, I'm not.)

He wasn't saying that you are german, he was saying that Frank B. (FB) is german yet speaks infinitely better english than Slugsie could speak german.

And the prize is a tier 2 subscription on Neowin.

He wasn't saying that you are german, he was saying that Frank B. (FB) is german yet speaks infinitely better english than Slugsie could speak german.

And the prize is a tier 2 subscription on Neowin.

Oh, thanks a lot for explaining!

• 2 weeks later...

e3407380e697fcdf6c533b64af96ceb8.jpg

I'll pass :(

I don't own minecraft but would love to but the above post is pretty much the reason I haven't yet!

What i create will be subject to "nailed it" meme's! Good luck to all, be interested to see what people build

I don't own minecraft but would love to but the above post is pretty much the reason I haven't yet!

What i create will be subject to "nailed it" meme's! Good luck to all, be interested to see what people build

The competition ended on the 1st and i think due to the overwhelming response they've forgot to announce the winner.

I'm the same with building. I get these ideas and and half way through wing it and turns out horrible.

That is part of the fun with Minecraft though.

I'm the same with building. I get these ideas and and half way through wing it and turns out horrible.

That is part of the fun with Minecraft though.

That's me exactly.  I have awesome ideas in my head visually.. but then when I go to do it.... it looks absolutely nothing like I imagined.horse.jpg

I built a chicken breeding machine, Next time i'm going to add the killing part.. That's about it..

Not very fancy at all..