LiveTuner - Simply improve Windows performance smartly

Tested this on the rig in my signature, with optimisations for Desktop, Online Gaming. I unticked the option to increase Explorer priority (I boot from an SSD and Explorer already operates very nicely on my system), and ticked the option to optimise the timer for low level applications. Super pi result (256K) was 1.72s before, 1.68 after. Benchmarking with 3D Mark (2013) edition revealed that all benchmarks scored about 0.5% lower with the tweaks enabled. I don't know if it's just the fact that my system is already very powerful but I struggled to notice any substantial performance increase from this app.

• Like 2

Not even going to touch this.

Beta tweaking software. Yeh no thanx and the op`s attitude seems a little off putting to say the least. Not to mention its more or less adware with that Homepage bs included.

Not going to knock op`s programming skills or knowledge, but this seems very, very much a case of snake oil and its defensive seller.

Pass.

Your choice. Up to you. You can feint your ignorant to posts from people actually tried it as you like. It's stable not beta anymore btw seeing feedback mostly being positive and neutral.

Sorry for my attitude but I couldn't resist seeing like.....2-3 pages of hate speech and no one actually tried the software. Well, things seem to be better afterwards.

In fairness to the OP, while I noticed no performance differences from the tool, it didn't do any harm to my system either.

• Like 3

In fairness to the OP, while I noticed no performance differences from the tool, it didn't do any harm to my system either.

That you were able to see, anyway...

I'll repeat my recommendation : Avoid "tuners", "boosters", "tweaks" or "speed ups".

Windows knows what it's doing. Leave it alone unless you have a specific reason to change it.

• Like 1

attachicon.gifmalware.PNG

Sorry! Got this when visiting your site. 

Just a warning to everyone.

Uninstalling now. 

It's caused by ad networks and been fixed in 24hr. Check again here and it's safe.

That you were able to see, anyway...

I'll repeat my recommendation : Avoid "tuners", "boosters", "tweaks" or "speed ups".

Windows knows what it's doing. Leave it alone unless you have a specific reason to change it.

I'll repeat my recommendation: all tweaks are from MS source with customized hardware based optimizations making more efficient tweaks than default ones in Windows. And it's safe to try with all tweaks restored back to defaults after uninstall.

Windows knows the same defaults for a few builds but hardware changes every year.

post-23644-0-76880200-1399849738.jpg

Version 3.0 is released

Changelog

-Added Analysis screen before applying optimizations
-Added TCPNoDelay tweak for Online Gaming
-Fixed System cache dirty page threshold's calculation bug
-Improved optimizations for low memory system
-Increased network utilization a little more for 'Full Workstation' application
-Desktop gets 50% boost for pooling
-Paged/Nonpaged pooling scales with memory again
-Paging executive will be disabled only for 4GB+ RAM
-Removed Computer Audiophile Server application
-UI redesigned with Flat and Metro concepts

Info & Download: LiveTuner 3.0

Hmm ... did a before and after Speedtest.net.

I don't know if it is a placebo effect -- but my wf-fi speed basically doubled.

Asus -- Windows 7 laptop

While most of these tweaks are unnecessary somewhat obsolete on modern systems, I do believe TCP/Networking/WiFi tweaks can improve performance in many cases. I know some manual tweaks I did improved my wifi, at least it felt like it did, lol.

I'm sure there are other tweaks particularly cache settings here and there than can improve performance, the question is whether or not it improves it enough to make a noticeable difference to the user.

While most of these tweaks are unnecessary, I do believe TCP/Networking/WiFi tweaks can improve performance in many cases. I know some manual tweaks I did improved my wifi, at least if felt like it did, lol.

I'm sure there are other tweaks particularly cache settings here and there than can improve performance, the question is whether or not it improves it enough to make it noticeable to the user.

There-in lies the catch. It felt like it did.

It probably didn't, as Windows Vista and above have better defaults and optimisations to know how to increase throughput depending on the device or network used.

At best some of these tweaks might give you a few % (reads: non-noticeable) boost.

As a few others have mentioned, we're yet to see a benchmark of any form showing significant improvements...

It probably didn't, as Windows Vista and above have better defaults and optimisations to know how to increase throughput depending on the device or network used.

At best some of these tweaks might give you a few % (reads: non-noticeable) boost.

As a few others have mentioned, we're yet to see a benchmark of any form showing significant improvements...

Responsiveness is the best benchmark for end users.

I do believe disabling timestamps improves tcp performance, autotuning is iffy. Some tcp settings have been deprecated because MS believes the OS does not need these settings or can optimize it better themselves. A lot of it is dependent on your environment as well. Matching my network interface's MTU to the router using the standard 1492 helped as well. Probably the biggest response was using a short preamble on my USB wifi adapters, but this did nothing when I went to internal mini-PCIe.

These are just optimizations to TCP/WiFi I've always done and I believe they are all pretty good. Doesn't juice my connection but with the standard settings I make I always feel my wifi is more responsive and stable.

I don't do much with caching but I do believe that's where the most potential is. But with a fast system, especially with an SSD, you could double the response in certain areas and it's still so fast you never notice unless is a repetitive task.

Won't hurt, it's fun to do, I wouldn't do it on a server. Well I would, there are some cache tweaks that can really help a busy file servers but I wouldn't use freeware... Some of the memory optimizations are interesting, and MS does detail them. But we're talking servers and over time you would be able to measure. If you have a server that performs one primary role, I can see where you "may" want to try to optimize some of these settings. Not sure how valuable they are on a desktop.

In pages back, I showed some benchmarks like SuperPI  having 25% improvements, boot-time reduced by 33 seconds, WiFi speed and latency significantly improved, etc. It sounds like no matter what people say, you'll never bother to try such things at all. Just try LiveTuner and you can find answer in no time instead of making pointless arguments over people who actually find it effective. It's easily reversible by uninstalling and now it even show how most effective tweaks will be applied so why not?

Your ADS are horrible!

They maximize over the whole screen I can't escape or close out.

Thanks for reporting. I filtered out those ads in some networks. Let me know if they're all gone for good.

Tried it out again, unchecked the homepage hijacking option.... That's better. ;) (didn't see it the last time I installed)

• 2 weeks later...

Version 3.1 released

Changelog

-Fixed disabling paging executive on 4GB RAM only instead of enabling it
-Fixed UI inconsistencies by changing Uninstall button in first dialog to Exit instead
-Improved system responsiveness for online gaming application

post-23644-0-85878500-1401014850.jpg