I just had a drive failure and for a strange reason it looks like my weekly backup of my iTune folder was not done properly (probably the disc was dying and freefilesync had problem reading on it?) so i've lost my whole library. No biggie as i wanted to convert my whole library of CD to alac and my apps and songs bought on iTune are still on my iPod.
I've heard some bad stories about syncing an iPod having content on it to a new fresh and different library on a computer. Like losing all the apps on the iPod cause the library on the computer did not have them. So i'm asking for advises to be sure things will be smooth when i'm going to sync my iPod.
1. I want to delete all my CDs on my iPod cause my old iTune+ library was not organised properly (it was a total mess) and i did the job better with my new alac library. I want to replace all those with my new properly organised alac library.
2. I want to keep my songs bought on iTune on the iPod cause i don't have them on my computer and those are organised properly anyway. I want them to be copied on the computer of course for backup purpose.
3. I want the apps on the iPod to be copied on the computer for backup purpose.
So i want the syncing action to do that :
- Messed up itune+ CD library on the iPod replaced by the properly organised alac CD libray on my computer.
- iTune+ songs bought on iTune copied from the iPod to the computer.
- Apps bought on iTune copied from the iPod to the computer.
How should I proceed? Simply connect my iPod and press sync ?