Music software?

Question

I've been using winamp, but I'm looking for an alternate music player. Something modern, winamp has looked and functioned the same for... 13 or so years.

I know theres itunes, but what other good options are there? I don't use any apple products and last time I used Itunes it was pretty sluggish and that is why I stopped using it.

12 answers to this question

last time I used Itunes it was pretty sluggish and that is why I stopped using it.

Personally, if you're looking for a library-based music management solution, I would give iTunes (11) another shot. I'd say It has been somewhat improved in that respect.

Alternatively, what about JRiver Media Center?

I personally use Foobar2000 for FLAC audio and Windows Media Player for compressed audio. I use iTunes only for purchasing music; no playback or management.

for the most part over the years i have tried dozens if not more different music applications and never really been happy with any of them. I ended up sticking with Windows Media player for the most part however, for the last few years i just upload all my music to google music and then either use the app on my phone or i just go to the website on a computer to listen to the music.

as far as an offline solution goes the best one i had used for over the years ended up being Songbird however, it was discontinued last year. They recommended Nightingale for a replacement as it was based on the original songbird code.

personally thought right now i am sticking with google music.