Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Music software?

13 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been using winamp, but I'm looking for an alternate music player. Something modern, winamp has looked and functioned the same for... 13 or so years.

I know theres itunes, but what other good options are there? I don't use any apple products and last time I used Itunes it was pretty sluggish and that is why I stopped using it.

Posted

http://aimp.ru

I have been using it for quite awhile.

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

http://www.foobar2000.org/

Make it look how you like; simple & clean or over-convoluted.

Posted

Another vote for AIMP. Has replaced Winamp a while ago for me.

Speaking of music software, is there one that has Shazam-like functionality working directly with the music file?

Posted

last time I used Itunes it was pretty sluggish and that is why I stopped using it.

Personally, if you're looking for a library-based music management solution, I would give iTunes (11) another shot. I'd say It has been somewhat improved in that respect.

Alternatively, what about JRiver Media Center?

Posted

I'm still using Zune. Does everything I need. Almost.

1 person likes this

Posted

I came here to recommend Reaper but you're clearly only interested in playback, but for the purposes of this thread, here's a second vote for Foobar2000!

Posted

Personally, don't fix what isn't broken! It does what I need it to do, I don't care how it looks so Winamp will stay!

Posted

Foobar2000 or MediaMonkey

WinAmp - This is the best for me though...

Posted

I personally use Foobar2000 for FLAC audio and Windows Media Player for compressed audio. I use iTunes only for purchasing music; no playback or management.

Posted

for the most part over the years i have tried dozens if not more different music applications and never really been happy with any of them. I ended up sticking with Windows Media player for the most part however, for the last few years i just upload all my music to google music and then either use the app on my phone or i just go to the website on a computer to listen to the music.

as far as an offline solution goes the best one i had used for over the years ended up being Songbird however, it was discontinued last year. They recommended Nightingale for a replacement as it was based on the original songbird code.

personally thought right now i am sticking with google music.