Oppo N1 review: CyanogenMod goes legit

9 posts in this topic

Posted

By Dan Seifert on

January 15, 2014 01:01 pmEmail @dcseifert 95Comments
oppon1-1020-9_large_verge_super_wide.jpg

If you

Posted

$600 for a device with a crappy display and no LTE. Yikes. Buying the Nexus 5 for $349/$399 and using the CM Installer to install CM11 is better.

1 person likes this

Posted

Shame about the display, Oppo phones usually have great displays. I was blown away by the Find 5's display. I would have bought this N1 had it launched earlier, with better specs.

Posted

$600 for a device with a crappy display and no LTE. Yikes. Buying the Nexus 5 for $349/$399 and using the CM Installer to install CM11 is better.

That was disappointing.  The display is a major selling point.  That and no LTE = NTY.

Posted

Or N5 with a non CM ROM is even better! Sorry, I'm joining the bandwagon of people who are annoyed how CM is treating it's devs that brought it to where it is. That's the problem with commercializing something that was built by the community I suppose. Either way, I'm not gonna make a huge deal out of it like some, but I'm quite happy with Cataclysm at the moment.

Still, it is cool to see what CM has done. I'd still take it over junk like TouchWiz or Sense.

Posted

No LTE for $599? What is this, 2011-2012? I think this device would be far more successful if it cost a LOT less. They cut corners in all the wrong places...

I don't mind CM, but it's changed since it commercialized, and not for the better. I'll take a Nexus 5 for a lot less, or hell the HTC One GPE

Posted

No LTE for $599? What is this, 2011-2012? I think this device would be far more successful if it cost a LOT less. They cut corners in all the wrong places...

I don't mind CM, but it's changed since it commercialized, and not for the better. I'll take a Nexus 5 for a lot less, or hell the HTC One GPE

Or.... both? :D

Posted

Or.... both? :D

On second thought, I went back to my HTC One again today. Better everything than the N5 aside from CPU (GPS, screen, speakers, construction, etc). Might sell the N5.

Posted

On second thought, I went back to my HTC One again today. Better everything than the N5 aside from CPU (GPS, screen, speakers, construction, etc). Might sell the N5.

I hear ya - the One is a damn good phone. Having been used to the performance of the N5, it's a little tough for me to go back to the One. I do miss the One's display, speakers, and superb build quality. 

1 person likes this