Dell Venue Pro 8 - Who has it?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#31 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 31 January 2014 - 02:42

This is the stylus I use: http://www.walmart.c...d-Pink/17237656

Works great. Never heard of the Jot Stylus before. Since it is full blown Windows any PDF creator should work. Now as for as writing I personally have not done that yet and with the stylus I use I don't know if it would be comfortable.

Thank you, but not a style I'd like. I enjoy my Jot Pro for nice hand writing.

http://adonit.net/jot/pro/

#32 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2014 - 15:16

Is there a wireless mouse that doesn't require a USB port for Windows?

#33 Tony.

Tony.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2014 - 16:21

You can get a mouse that runs on Bluetooth if the tablet has that builtin.

#34 the better twin

the better twin

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia

Posted 07 February 2014 - 16:36

Ive got the Microsoft Sculpt comfort mouse for my surface. Works great.

#35 airedwin

airedwin

Neowinian

Posted 07 February 2014 - 17:04

I have a 32GB version. I like it. It's definitely not 4-5 pounds lol. The biggest frustration is that you can't charge it when you have other USB devices plugged into  the micro-usb. I've read there are hacks that you can do to USB cords to get around it though. Does anybody know if the micro-usb is USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?

#36 majortom1981

majortom1981

The crazy one

Posted 07 February 2014 - 17:23

I have a 32GB version. I like it. It's definitely not 4-5 pounds lol. The biggest frustration is that you can't charge it when you have other USB devices plugged into  the micro-usb. I've read there are hacks that you can do to USB cords to get around it though. Does anybody know if the micro-usb is USB 3.0 or USB 2.0?

It is USB 2.0

#37 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:18

How's your touch screen? I have to touch a certain area multiple times just to do a function (ie: close a tab).

#38 Brandon

Brandon

Neowin RUNNER

Posted 07 February 2014 - 18:25

There's a series of cables you can buy from DealExtreme (www.dx.com) for around $10 that allow it without hacking the USB cable

http://forum.tabletp...me-time-11.html

I'm getting mine today. Picked up the 64GB one for $176 USD shipped from Dell. I'm excited. My biggest complaint with both of my Android tablets was that it wasn't really any different than my phone. And since I've always had a flagship smartphone (Galaxy Nexus, LG G2) a phone with a larger screen didn't do much for me. 10" was too big since I have a 13" ultrabook and the 7" weren't much bigger than my 5.2" phone. Plus websites never render 100% properly on the Android devices anyways. 

I'm hoping the 8" format is a good compromise between the two. Only issue is lack of Google apps (Gmail)

#39 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 08 February 2014 - 00:05

There's a series of cables you can buy from DealExtreme (www.dx.com) for around $10 that allow it without hacking the USB cable

I'm getting mine today. Picked up the 64GB one for $176 USD shipped from Dell. I'm excited. My biggest complaint with both of my Android tablets was that it wasn't really any different than my phone. And since I've always had a flagship smartphone (Galaxy Nexus, LG G2) a phone with a larger screen didn't do much for me. 10" was too big since I have a 13" ultrabook and the 7" weren't much bigger than my 5.2" phone. Plus websites never render 100% properly on the Android devices anyways.

I'm hoping the 8" format is a good compromise between the two. Only issue is lack of Google apps (Gmail)

How so cheap??? I bought the 64GB last week for $289

#40 Brandon

Brandon

Neowin RUNNER

Posted 14 February 2014 - 15:39

Dell Outlet

#41 OP Dinggus

Dinggus

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:10

For those that have this tablet, I bought the on the go USB cable, everything that I hook up to it worked but my portable external HDD does not. It makes the connect sound, the light on the HDD is on, but not showing up. Any ideas?

I do see it under Devices and Printers.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!