TITANFALL ALPHA RELEASED!

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 zerolimit

zerolimit

Neowinian

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:23

If you were a few "like me" hope to see you guys playing on Xbox one

This is what someone posted online and the game is amazing guys!!!!

#2 Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:32

When will we know if we got into the alpha?

#3 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 18 January 2014 - 05:41

I thought it was said that those that are Origin members are getting the first shot at the alpha and that you will receive an email directing you to a page to join.

I am registered there, but I haven't received any email yet, so it may be a small group right now.

#4 OP zerolimit

zerolimit

Neowinian

Posted 18 January 2014 - 07:54

Invites went out already few days ago we all got codes

#5 OP zerolimit

zerolimit

Neowinian

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:09

I thought it was said that those that are Origin members are getting the first shot at the alpha and that you will receive an email directing you to a page to join.I am registered there, but I haven't received any email yet, so it may be a small group right now.

You had to register even if you didn't get the email. I didn't get the email and it worked without a problem. Got a code

#6 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 18 January 2014 - 08:25

You had to register even if you didn't get the email. I didn't get the email and it worked without a problem. Got a code

How does it look and play graphically?

#7 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:03

So.. an EA game and they actually specify as alpha? After BF4....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY! LOL

#8 +SharpGreen

SharpGreen

Now with built-in BS detector.

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Galaxy Nexus

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:10

So.. an EA game and they actually specify as alpha? After BF4....GOOD LUCK WITH THAT BUDDY! LOL

No Titanfall is not an EA game. It's just simply being published by them. BF4 is actually an EA game, ie. one made by a studio they own. EA has nothing at all to do with Respawn Entertainment (makers of Titanfall), outside of being their publisher.

#9 Osiris

Osiris

Neowinian God!

• Phone: HTC 8X

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:18

Not sure how a game coming out in a Cpl of months could still be Alpha but look forward to hearing peoples impressions.

#10 HoochieMamma

HoochieMamma

Professional Hoochie™

• Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:18

No Titanfall is not an EA game. It's just simply being published by them. BF4 is actually an EA game, ie. one made by a studio they own. EA has nothing at all to do with Respawn Entertainment (makers of Titanfall), outside of being their publisher.

Oh thank god, I was worried there for a moment.

#11 vetLOC

LOC

I finally changed this.

Posted 18 January 2014 - 09:43

How does it look and play graphically?

Don't know about how it plays. But graphically, it's the Source engine :) I love that it's using Source!

#12 Haaa-Choo

Haaa-Choo

Take a swing, please do.

• Phone: Galaxy S2 CM

Posted 18 January 2014 - 10:26

this looks a bit boring... can't see any feature of the game which sets it apart, or something it does well.

#13 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• Phone: iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.6 JB

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:05

That looks pretty damn complete for Alpha code, Apart from the bad loading times (1:15sec is REALLY bad) the game itself looked pretty average in FPS view, infact it reminded me of Killzone Shadow Fall with the post apocalyptic slums look. The Titans were cool, they played nicely, but I guess I was hoping for a more 'Mechwarrior' style of Mecha, instead it looks like its still FPS, but the gun is now bigger. That to me was disappointing. 

Looks like XB1 owners will be getting a quality game though :) 

#14 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:34

Uhhh, Did respawn officially call this an alpha?  From what I saw them tweet it's just a closed limited test.  Either way the game looks close to finished, this test is probably for network balance and other gameplay balance.  As far as the titans go, we just saw one in the video but I know for sure they have at least 3 types you can pick and they play different.  Those who wanted a more slower type of mecha game play out of this then you haven't been following along closely. It was always going to have a fast pace to it, they'll also have some type of objective based story going on though.

#15 HawkMan

HawkMan

Badass Viking

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:36

That looks pretty damn complete for Alpha code, Apart from the bad loading times (1:15sec is REALLY bad) the game itself looked pretty average in FPS view, infact it reminded me of Killzone Shadow Fall with the post apocalyptic slums look. The Titans were cool, they played nicely, but I guess I was hoping for a more 'Mechwarrior' style of Mecha, instead it looks like its still FPS, but the gun is now bigger. That to me was disappointing. 

Looks like XB1 owners will be getting a quality game though :)

The only Mech game that currently gives you the "feeling" of being in a huge heavy mech is MWO. the other ones are just high speed acrobatic action games that happens to (sometimes) occur in a big mech skin. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!