Lightweight Database Server for Java Applications? Sqlite...?

Question

Hi,

I am developing a Java application and want to use a database to structure my contents better. Sqlite3 was my my first choice but because of the nature of my program, it may not be the best solution. My application will be performing different operations and will be using multiple threads.

The unit tests I wrote indicates that they are trying to create multiple connections and that is causing the file-lock, so test 1 passes because it was able to successfully connect but test 2 fails because it could not write to the file.

My application is not that extensive either that I will need Mysql or something big like Oracle.

So, are there any good database server that might instantiate when I launch my application? And won't have trouble even if I make 100 connections and attempt to insert 1000s of rows at once from different threads? :p

Looking into Java DB... not sure if it's the one I need :/

2 answers to this question

why don't you do this, get the data you need at startup. manipulate it in a Model, like the MVC software pattern. when your app closes, or you don't need the data, you can sync the data with the database in one, or various transactions.

and with something like this you can maintain sqlite.