Man arrested after giving change to homeless

Doesn't make it right. You can treat people with respect and still get the job done. And if I were their boss I'd wonder why it took 10 cops an hour to search a car.

Nothing suggests they didn't treat him with respect. He handed a homeless guy something from a car window. That looks pretty suspicious for a start.

They pull him over and ask him to put his hands where they can see them on the car. This is because a lot of people try to discard evidence.

Officers were just doing their job. They can't help it if he's a bit fragile and got his feelings hurt.

So it's OK to assume you're giving drugs to a homeless guy instead of money? I don't recall a homeless guy EVER asking me for drugs. He should have been stopped before leaving the parking lot if that's the case. Not to mention, if they couldn't stop him that quickly, how far away were they and couldn't reliably say it was drugs on money? With your thinking everyone should be considered guilty even when they haven't done anything wrong?

How many times have you been approached whilst in your car and asked for money?! It's never happened to me. Ever. A lot of drug deals are done from cars, so it's not really surprising that it may have looked like a drug deal.

Without hearing more, who knows what happened. They might have had a report from a member of the public, or they might have been waiting in the area if it was a drug ridden area.

the police should've at least issued an apology,

but that didn't happens, that said police just laugh at it. :/

Why? If they have a valid suspicion and did everything by the book, they have nothing to be sorry for. It's unfortunate that the guy was inconvenienced when he was innocent, but that doesn't mean the police should necessarily apologise when they did nothing wrong.

Nothing suggests they didn't treat him with respect. He handed a homeless guy something from a car window. That looks pretty suspicious for a start.

They pull him over and ask him to put his hands where they can see them on the car. This is because a lot of people try to discard evidence.

Officers were just doing their job. They can't help it if he's a bit fragile and got his feelings hurt.

Did you read the article ?

During the 90's I was detained and searched for buying one of these from a person on the street.

DAV-forgetmenots.jpg

I handed the guy the money... he put the flower on my lapel... we shook hands and he thanked me for being a Soldier.  

Then about 5 min later I am pushed up against a wall getting searched.