rdr rockstar games

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,647 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:30

If you're still playing Red Dead Redemption online, or still want to hit level 50, the servers have been hacked, but in a good way.  Somehow, when you spawn generally in MacFarlane's Ranch there will be NPC's sprawled out on the ground, dying.  If you shoot one, the game will go into a weird "turbo" mode, and you'll get 1xp per second per NPC you shoot.  You might get a wanted level, but once you lose it it won't come back.  Just stay in the vicinity of the NPC's and you'll rack up XP quick.

I went from 17 - 50 in less than an hour, and that's with getting killed a couple of times.

More can be found here:

http://www.playstati...rdr-online.html

#2 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• 24,764 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:44

Aren't R* pretty strict with their servers and cheaters etc?

#3 OP soniqstylz

soniqstylz

Neowin Trophy Slore

• 8,647 posts

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:55

Aren't R* pretty strict with their servers and cheaters etc?

RDR has gone pretty quiet since GTA:V launched, so we'll see if they care enough to even fix it.  The thing is, this isn't like a hard to get glitch that you need to exit in and out of the game to make happen -- apparently someone literally hacked the servers at R* and it's like this naturally for everyone who logs in.

#4 D. S.

D. S.

Hate is the new Love

• 3,289 posts
  • Phone: Nokia 113

Posted 19 January 2014 - 17:54

Rockstar can probably just rollback people's XP that used the glitch (and should). It isn't that hard to get to lvl. 50. Heck, I 100%'ed the game myself.