Red Dead Redemption server hack -- get Level 50 quick

If you're still playing Red Dead Redemption online, or still want to hit level 50, the servers have been hacked, but in a good way.  Somehow, when you spawn generally in MacFarlane's Ranch there will be NPC's sprawled out on the ground, dying.  If you shoot one, the game will go into a weird "turbo" mode, and you'll get 1xp per second per NPC you shoot.  You might get a wanted level, but once you lose it it won't come back.  Just stay in the vicinity of the NPC's and you'll rack up XP quick.

I went from 17 - 50 in less than an hour, and that's with getting killed a couple of times.

More can be found here:

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/red-dead-redemption/222275-unlimited-xp-glitch-rdr-online.html

Aren't R* pretty strict with their servers and cheaters etc?

RDR has gone pretty quiet since GTA:V launched, so we'll see if they care enough to even fix it.  The thing is, this isn't like a hard to get glitch that you need to exit in and out of the game to make happen -- apparently someone literally hacked the servers at R* and it's like this naturally for everyone who logs in.

Rockstar can probably just rollback people's XP that used the glitch (and should). It isn't that hard to get to lvl. 50. Heck, I 100%'ed the game myself.