Mom kills 2 of her children during attempted exorcism

There is not much to add really.  It's religion, and it struck again.  What more can I say, except going on to offend anyone on here who chooses to believe in such things?

Funny thing, the article never mentions any religion or that the lady was religious. Just that she was doing an exorcism by way of stabbing her kids to death, which is interestingly not how exorcisms are performed as far as I know (and I admit I don't know a lot about them).

Think for a second, how many things outside of religion could cause a person to think their kid is possessed by a demon? The two most obvious being mental illness and drugs. But nonono, it has to be religion, that is the only explanation. 

Funny thing, the article never mentions any religion or that the lady was religious. Just that she was doing an exorcism by way of stabbing her kids to death, which is interestingly not how exorcisms are performed as far as I know (and I admit I don't know a lot about them).

Think for a second, how many things outside of religion could cause a person to think their kid is possessed by a demon? The two most obvious being mental illness and drugs. But nonono, it has to be religion, that is the only explanation. 

why do you keep on missing the obvious... it says (even you quote it) EXORCISM which is based on being possessed by a DEMON... no one believes in demons if they are not RELIGIOUS!

An exorcism is a religious practice.

Please tell me again how you don't know much about them, but are happy to argue about them anyway.

Funny thing, the article never mentions any religion or that the lady was religious. 

Yeah, there are a lot of rational skeptics out there performing exorcisms on their children. Mental illness probably plays a role here but why people insist on ruling out or concealing the religious element is dishonest. 

Yeah, there are a lot of rational skeptics out there performing exorcisms on their children. Mental illness probably plays a role here but why people insist on ruling out or concealing the religious element is dishonest. 

I'm not ruling it out but most people seem to be putting it down as the only cause. Just look at the posts in this thread. Hell, you don't even have to leave this page to see an example of that.

why do you keep on missing the obvious... it says (even you quote it) EXORCISM which is based on being possessed by a DEMON... no one believes in demons if they are not RELIGIOUS!

Because drugs or mental illness never made some one think or see something that wasn't there? Do you know the lady? I don't so I can't claim to know what she believes.

I'm not ruling it out but most people seem to be putting it down as the only caused. Just look at the posts in this thread. Hell, you don't even have to leave this page to see an example of that.

Does it say she was performing an exorcism?  Yes.

Is an exorcism a religious practice?  Yes.

Is she mental for the above, or even believing in that stuff?  Yes.  IMO.

She should have known that this was not acceptable, religious or not. :/

Agreed. because it's pretty clear that God does not want that to happen to kids and she failed to see this obvious thing. she clearly had a mental issues to say the least, but we still got people in here trying to make fun of religion as usual.

in general though... if you are going to do a exorcism you need to get a legitimate catholic priest who's been trained for it so it's done properly as most of the time they say it's not needed as it's not often you find legit cases and they simply just tell the person to see a doctor.

Agreed. because it's pretty clear that God does not want that to happen to kids and she failed to see this obvious thing. she clearly had a mental issues to say the least, but we still got people in here trying to make fun of religion as usual.

in general though... if you are going to do a exorcism you need to get a legitimate catholic priest who's been trained for it so it's done properly as most of the time they say it's not needed as it's not often you find legit cases and they simply just tell the person to see a doctor.

Yeah? How do you tell the difference between being possessed and being mentally ill? Or is it just a magical ability priests have?

I don't think this is a really good thing to turn into a religious debate.  It proves nothing.  Some people believe and some people don't.  Who cares.

She clearly had a mental disorder.  Any normal person, including a normal religious person, would do something like this.  There is no recognized religion that I know of that allows the stabbing of you're children to remove the demons from them.

She's bat ###### crazy.

I don't think this is a really good thing to turn into a religious debate.  It proves nothing.  Some people believe and some people don't.  Who cares.

We could have that discussion if people posted stuff like this in the designated thread. I think it is posted in the sub-categories because the OP thinks it will get more views.

Become?

I don't know, when did we evolve?

I took a few days to think about answering you.

You're right in one respect. Humans ARE a savage and violent race, history has many examples of such savagery, but nearly all of us live within certain rules and guidelines of social behaviour, and can be happy within it.

History has also peoved humans are capable of beauty, and acts of such selfless kindness, even praise isn't praise enough.

This 'thing' (I wouldn't even call her a woman as it's an insult to women) demonstrated a level of devolution. And sparked a lot of anger and rage within me as to question why such people are allowed to exist in society..

It would be something if there was proper, documented fact (not religeous propaganda) that demonic posession actually happened.

Paul Begley on youtube is saying that demons  are real and the mother is not mentally ill and crazy and that the end time is coming soon.

Who the ###### is Paul Begley?

Mentally unstable people believe a lot of things, religious or not.

You don't have to pick up a bible or go to any church to know about exorcism, thanks to Hollywood.

Now blur the line between reality and a movie.  Not too far a stretch.

Who the **** is Paul Begley?

He a pastor on youtube who is to me a false phrophet and profits off by scaring people and BPearth does the same and other nutties on youtube who claim the end times are here and that we are lving in them right now and that John Kerry is the antichrist who making the seven year peace agreement and etc.They profit off by selling end times stuff and scaring people by spreading fear.They claim that the fireballs that hitting earth are comet ison but Nas and others claim that the sun kill Comet Ison but Paul B and BPearth claim nasa and governement is lying and that Comet Ison not dead and that its debris is hitting earth.

Mentally unstable people believe a lot of things, religious or not.

You don't have to pick up a bible or go to any church to know about exorcism, thanks to Hollywood.

Now blur the line between reality and a movie.  Not too far a stretch.

Are you suggesting that she didn't think her children were possessed?

Are you suggesting that she didn't think her children were possessed?

Nope.  Not even sure how you ascertained that from what I said.

Ok, so are you suggesting that an exorcism's purpose is not to remove a demon?

I never implied that either.

I am saying you don't have to be a religious person or know anything about religion to recognize what is described as a demon.  You don't have to be religious or know anything about religion to hear about exorcism.  Hollywood has made that possible.

Mental instability can blur the line between reality and fiction, wouldn't you agree?

The problem with religious extremists isn't that they're religious extremists, it's that they're religious extremists.

Just sayin'

Now that that's out of the way... poor kids :( The woman was clearly very, very sick. 

• Like 2

I never implied that either.

I am saying you don't have to be a religious person or know anything about religion to recognize what is described as a demon.  You don't have to be religious or know anything about religion to hear about exorcism.  Hollywood has made that possible.

Mental instability can blur the line between reality and fiction, wouldn't you agree?

yes and true, mental instability can and does blur the line. But in the end, it is STILL a religious belief to commit a religious act to obtain a religious result. Demons are 100% a religious thing. You can NOT believe in demons without believing in religion. One can not exist without the other.

yes and true, mental instability can and does blur the line. But in the end, it is STILL a religious belief to commit a religious act to obtain a religious result. Demons are 100% a religious thing. You can NOT believe in demons without believing in religion. One can not exist without the other.

Fair enough, but how many religions support exorcism where you knife/stab/shank/shiv the recipient?

The exorcism is irrelevant to this story. Children are murdered for plenty of non-religious reasons, and lots of religious people don't murder children. That alone indicates it's not religion that is to blame. Even exorcisms are performed without any harm coming to people.

The fact that she was performing an exorcism is by the by, really. 

Fair enough, but how many religions support exorcism where you knife/stab/shank/shiv the recipient?

The exorcism is irrelevant to this story. Children are murdered for plenty of non-religious reasons, and lots of religious people don't murder children. That alone indicates it's not religion that is to blame. Even exorcisms are performed without any harm coming to people.

The fact that she was performing an exorcism is by the by, really. 

although this is a double negative, I would say it was a crazy religious person. Double whammy.

Talking about crazy... I was watching the excellent "The God Delusion" by Dawkins yesterday.  Very a propos indeed.