The only surprising part about that post was that you actually played an NCSoft game... what game did they ever make that was playable ? 

I'm not actually sure they can cancel this game though, or that they can afford to. Doesn't mean they can't ruin it in any other way of course. of course I'll still be playing ESO in june so. 

• 1 month later...

There's apparently a beta for this game coming up this weekend.

I have 2 beta keys available that I have no interest in using. 1 for EU servers and 1 for the NA. If anyone is interested send me a PM.

First come first served.

apparently according to the beta shedule the beta weekend isn't untill the 2nd may. 

I'm getting a bit annoyed by the way this game handles beta, people who signed up over a year ago don't get beta access untill the last beta weekend.

Not touching it with a barge pole. It's published by NCSoft. Those gits have a rep for cancelling games for little reason, and they took away my favourite game whilst it was still plenty profitable, so the can go shove their heads up a pigs ass.

I will never touch an NCsoft published game again, no matter how good it might be.  You'll get into it, and then they'll take it away.

That really sounded like Ian McNeice read it! Perfect delivery, my dear nephew!

I suppose when you look at it like that it's true. It would only get me around ?1.50 extra though, which does defeat my point of it costing the same amount but I like playing in the beta and getting to put my feedback to the devs so paying that for the access to the beta weekends is more than enough reward for me :)

Pre-order it! Have fun and get excited! What's the point of life if not to be happy? And that image you attached looks awesome hahahaha, in game storage bag? No idea what that is but it sounds cool!

I got the pre-order and did lots of beta week-ends test. there is some giveaway here and there on the web. The benefit of the pre order is the spaceship house and other few things they give out to the pre-order people.

There is a lot to this game, it is way better then anything else on the market and in-coming on the market. The thing is it is not about orcs or gnomes :) but about aliens !!!!

The pvp is insane, you can do them while leveling and there is even some level 50 pvp only where you build your own arena style games called warplots where you Q up with other guildies or friends or Q by yourself and get match to other people of your rank. And when i say " build you own " it is exactly that!!

You build your own warplots with turrets, generators, boss ( yes you get to input your own boss in there for awesome loots " etc.etc. and then you Q up to try out your own warplot and kill the opponents and destroy there base and/or there boss to win the match. ( like arenas but it is your own creation or someone else creation ) there is also arenas and battlegrounds even some battleground with a moba style in them. 

Some 20 and 40 man raids, adventures, dungeons ( by the way they are not static they change the boss in each one of them everytime you enter those dungeons or raids and they are as hard as vanilla wow so no solo possible and dungeons takes 30 to 40 min each to complete).

Watch some vids about it: 

Crafting = https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKV3qwzJ1nA

Warplots = 

I hope to find other vids about wildstar but those are the ones i found , sorry if anyone else posted them before.

Regarding the beta weekends they are ending on may 2nd. If you have enter each beta weekend till the last one on may 2nd you should end up with  lots of box of goodies at release that you will receive by ingame mail. The box of goodies will have housing equipments, mounts, gear, items for crafting, etc.etc.

• Like 1

The only surprising part about that post was that you actually played an NCSoft game... what game did they ever make that was playable ? 

I'm not actually sure they can cancel this game though, or that they can afford to. Doesn't mean they can't ruin it in any other way of course. of course I'll still be playing ESO in june so. 

City of Heroes, a superhero based MMO. I played it from day 1 of the EU beta and didn't stop until they literally threw me off the servers on the final day.

I still miss it too. :(  Met soooo many people that became RL friends in that game... Important people who changed my entire outlook on life and the world around me, and made me a much much better person overall.

I never could play CoH, the absolute crap robot animations made it impossible for me to enjoy it, and I never found a good story or enviroment either, everything was so simple. it was liek it was all made by a person who just learned to use 3DSMAX.

apparently according to the beta shedule the beta weekend isn't untill the 2nd may. 

I'm getting a bit annoyed by the way this game handles beta, people who signed up over a year ago don't get beta access untill the last beta weekend.

I agree with that. I signed up to beta test this game pretty much the first day it was possible. I didn't get an invite until recently.

Besides that the more I see about this game the less interesting it looks to me.

I never could play CoH, the absolute crap robot animations made it impossible for me to enjoy it, and I never found a good story or enviroment either, everything was so simple. it was liek it was all made by a person who just learned to use 3DSMAX.

Oh, I didn't play CoH for the graphics or animations, which were getting pretty dated by 2012 thanks to its 7 year old game engine.  I played it for the people.  No other MMO community has even come close to the friendliness and acceptance of that one, and even though I don't have the game any more, at least I'm still in contact with most of the friends I made there.

Wait City of Heroes doesn't exist anymore? When did this happen?

November 30, 2012. Day after my birthday, too! :(  NCSoft just decided to shut it down, completely out of the blue and just a week before the next big game update was due to launch. The devs had no forwarning at all; they came into work one Friday to find themselves unemployed and cut off from the game code already. :(

And that's exactly the kind of crap you can expect from NCSoft. They've done exactly the same thing to several other of their MMO's as well, but at least those weren't as profitable as CoH still was.  Don't trust them; they WILL do the same to Wildstar too.

but the graphics where bad when the game was new :p and it wans't jyst the graphics it was the emptiness and flatness and such of the enviroments . and the animations where bad compared to games old by that time. the whole CoH felt like a "me to" game. 

but the graphics where bad when the game was new :p and it wans't jyst the graphics it was the emptiness and flatness and such of the enviroments . and the animations where bad compared to games old by that time. the whole CoH felt like a "me to" game. 

It had changed a lot in its last couple of years, including the redesign of some of the city zones, and the introduction of "ultra" mode.  It actually was very pretty by then.

Oh, I didn't play CoH for the graphics or animations, which were getting pretty dated by 2012 thanks to its 7 year old game engine.  I played it for the people.  No other MMO community has even come close to the friendliness and acceptance of that one, and even though I don't have the game any more, at least I'm still in contact with most of the friends I made there.

November 30, 2012. Day after my birthday, too! :(  NCSoft just decided to shut it down, completely out of the blue and just a week before the next big game update was due to launch. The devs had no forwarning at all; they came into work one Friday to find themselves unemployed and cut off from the game code already. :(

And that's exactly the kind of crap you can expect from NCSoft. They've done exactly the same thing to several other of their MMO's as well, but at least those weren't as profitable as CoH still was.  Don't trust them; they WILL do the same to Wildstar too.

Had no idea, just assumed it was still going on, as it was so big back in the mid 2000's. That is quite nasty on NC's part, what the hell is wrong with them? Hopefully Wildstar will fare better.

Had no idea, just assumed it was still going on, as it was so big back in the mid 2000's. That is quite nasty on NC's part, what the hell is wrong with them? Hopefully Wildstar will fare better.

It might get a year at least, but after that, who knows?  When they closed down CoH, they also announced they would be pulling out of most of the western market, apart from their interests in Guild Wars and Wildstar. 

That doesn't engender confidence, as far as I'm concerned.  They just have too big a reputation of shutting down games.

Well nothing beats how they ###### down that car wars MMO game... man it barely got out the door before they closed it. and many stores still had boxes on shelves years after it closed :)

Well nothing beats how they #### down that car wars MMO game... man it barely got out the door before they closed it. and many stores still had boxes on shelves years after it closed :)

Auto Assault.  I was at a CoH player meet in Brighton (with several NCSoft staff) about a week before they closed that game down, and they were giving copies away as competition prizes...

Then there was the whole cluster#### that was Tabula Rasa...

So contrary to their own schedule, there is a beta weekend this weekend.

game feels weird though. controls are a mix of traditional MMORPG and TESO, witht he combat a mix of Age of Conan, with in this game requires some extreme finger acrobatics. since you need to move around and walk sideways all the time to avoid getting hit, meanwhile you also need to aim your own hits, which are on the number keys. now try to hit hold A or D with a combination of W or S while simultaneously hitting 1-8....

It also has some weird choices of hotkeys like P for the [C]haracter screen....

As for the keys, I applied the EU keys to my account but the game only has an NA server so far and I got in fine on that with the EU key applied to my account.. weird... 

unfortunately with EU and NA keys, I fear this game is doing the massive WoW blunder, separating the EU and NA gamers. 

Auto Assault.  I was at a CoH player meet in Brighton (with several NCSoft staff) about a week before they closed that game down, and they were giving copies away as competition prizes...

Then there was the whole cluster#### that was Tabula Rasa...

I knew in the late beta that Tabula Rasa was dead weight and was gonna be DOA

It might get a year at least, but after that, who knows?  When they closed down CoH, they also announced they would be pulling out of most of the western market, apart from their interests in Guild Wars and Wildstar. 

That doesn't engender confidence, as far as I'm concerned.  They just have too big a reputation of shutting down games.

This does not speak well of NCSoft at all. Very sad, as they were such a force for innovation before, or perhaps i'm thinking of the Hudson half....

This does not speak well of NCSoft at all. Very sad, as they were such a force for innovation before, or perhaps i'm thinking of the Hudson half....

Whaaaaat ?

They may have tried to innovate with games like Aion but they didn't quite make it there, I think.

GW2 and Arena-net are supposedly completely outside of any influence of NCsoft. However that remains very questionable for lots of reasons, least of which is ncsoft has direct control over any true expansion GW2 gets if it ever gets one.