Whaaaaat ?

Yeah... I choked on my cornflakes when I read that... :p

Hahaha no need to hurl food, you guys may be too young to remember the 80's and the stuff Hudson had on PC Engine and so on :D

I don't equal hudson soft with NCSoft. 

I also remember a lot of really crappy hudson soft platformers and such...

I mean if I was spending the amount of money a NES or SNES game cost(which just in pure numbers was more than games today, and in value a lot more) Hudson Soft was rarely at the top of my list. 

I don't equal hudson soft with NCSoft. 

I also remember a lot of really crappy hudson soft platformers and such...

I mean if I was spending the amount of money a NES or SNES game cost(which just in pure numbers was more than games today, and in value a lot more) Hudson Soft was rarely at the top of my list. 

Dude, I'm 44. :p

Hahahah then we are definitely the same generation Baron, not sure about Hawk but no disclosure needed :D

And this is all due to my sheer ignorance...for some reason I always had it in my mind that NCSoft was the result of a merger with Hudson Soft :wacko:

A quick look at their site and Wiki cleared that up, there is no relation between the two. Hudson Soft is now part of the Konami catalog I think, at least that's what the Konami site says. So basically discount everything I said above, i'm an idiot :(

A single error does not an idiot make. ;)

Trusting NCSoft though, that'd do it! :p

It's a shame though, as Wildstar does look kinda fun.  If only Carbine had gone with a decent publisher.  As it is though, I swore never to give NCSoft a single penny of my money ever again when they killed CoH, and I'm a man of my word!

• Like 1

I'm not quite as old as old man, by 10 years, but I'm old enough for the NES generation, even old amiga 64 and had friends with those earlier ataris and stuff. 

A single error does not an idiot make. ;)

Trusting NCSoft though, that'd do it! :p

It's a shame though, as Wildstar does look kinda fun.  If only Carbine had gone with a decent publisher.  As it is though, I swore never to give NCSoft a single penny of my money ever again when they killed CoH, and I'm a man of my word!

Thanks Baron :)

Guess NCSoft are one of those outfits that simply let their greed get the better of them, which is a shame.

I'm not quite as old as old man, by 10 years, but I'm old enough for the NES generation, even old amiga 64 and had friends with those earlier ataris and stuff. 

Hawk, what were you drinking? i want some of it!

What's an Amiga 64? :p

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Open Beta coming May 8th

It?s finally here! Open Beta will be starting on May 8th and we have all of the details how you can jump in on the action. From May 8th to May 18th, you will be able to visit our Open Beta page  to request a key, and then hop into WildStar to experience content up to level 30. If you have already participated in any other WildStar beta event, including beta weekends and stress tests, you don?t need a new key. Just patch up, and you?re good to go!

source

I was lucky enough to get into one of the beta weekend events a few weeks ago, I enjoyed it enough I think I may jump in and give it a try over the open beta period (didn't get a ton of time to play it over the weekend).

• Like 1

Pre-Ordered a while back and have played the last 4 Beta weekends. I really enjoy the game. They still need to fix some UI and performance issues, but overall the game is really fun.

PAX East video: youtube.com/watch?v=plrwl1vYl9Q

The raid at 44 minutes in was pretty fun to watch. :D

I have no idea what my NCsoft account is.

By the looks of it, neither does NCsoft ;)

Make a new one. The game is definitely worth playing. Not to mention any AAA game skipped when in Open Beta is stupidity IMO. I played ESO in open beta even though I was positive it wouldn't be my thing. At least I was able to confirm it.

I dunno, the beta weekend I played... it was... a time consumer, but... I'm not sure it was a great game.

the weird controls are part of it I guess. while ESO's controls felt partly like they wanted to be console controls a little bit. Wildstar was completely schizophrenic and was both and none at the same time. on top of not being able to use standard shortcuts like every other MMO and RPG.

I mean why would the Character screen be under C. no that wouldn't make any sense would it...

I dunno, the beta weekend I played... it was... a time consumer, but... I'm not sure it was a great game.

the weird controls are part of it I guess. while ESO's controls felt partly like they wanted to be console controls a little bit. Wildstar was completely schizophrenic and was both and none at the same time. on top of not being able to use standard shortcuts like every other MMO and RPG.

I mean why would the Character screen be under C. no that wouldn't make any sense would it...

Entirely remappable. My character screen is mapped to a mouse button. Might not work for some, works for me.

that doesn't change the fundamentally weird control system that doesn't know if it's fish or fowl. 

What makes it weird? It plays exactly like all the other MMO's I have played. WoW, GW2, Tera, Rift, Aion, and a lot more. So, you have to 'aim' to hit your target... Hey, if you want WoW's standard of '1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4' then by all means, stay there. They have another expansion coming out. The reality is that games are evolving.People aren't satisfied with games that require such little interaction. hitting 'tab' and then the same few buttons over the course of a 20 minute long boss battle is for the lazy, pathetic, inbred population that has the attention span of a gnat.

I find the controls in wildstar to play as good and as polished as the best mmo's out. I haven't found a single bug in 3 months of beta testing. 

I have a friend who 'doesn't understand the storyline'. I summed it up in a few words. "We lost our home planet, found a new one, have to fight to settle on it vs the bad guys". Thats his 'excuse' for not wanting to play the game. By all means, don't play it if you don't like it but don't make something seem wrong when it is perfectly fine. Know what I don't like about it? The Aurin. I want to stab those little ######ers in the jugular.

What makes it weird? It plays exactly like all the other MMO's I have played. WoW, GW2, Tera, Rift, Aion, and a lot more. So, you have to 'aim' to hit your target... Hey, if you want WoW's standard of '1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4' then by all means, stay there. They have another expansion coming out. The reality is that games are evolving.People aren't satisfied with games that require such little interaction. hitting 'tab' and then the same few buttons over the course of a 20 minute long boss battle is for the lazy, pathetic, inbred population that has the attention span of a gnat.

I find the controls in wildstar to play as good and as polished as the best mmo's out. I haven't found a single bug in 3 months of beta testing. 

I have a friend who 'doesn't understand the storyline'. I summed it up in a few words. "We lost our home planet, found a new one, have to fight to settle on it vs the bad guys". Thats his 'excuse' for not wanting to play the game. By all means, don't play it if you don't like it but don't make something seem wrong when it is perfectly fine. Know what I don't like about it? The Aurin. I want to stab those little ####ers in the jugular.

Kind of like how you just insulted everyone who enjoys playing WoW and other '1,2,3,4' MMOs, right?

Kind of like how you just insulted everyone who enjoys playing WoW and other '1,2,3,4' MMOs, right?

More or less. I play some of those games as well. I insulted myself! Oh no!

I have a friend who 'doesn't understand the storyline'. I summed it up in a few words. "We lost our home planet, found a new one, have to fight to settle on it vs the bad guys". Thats his 'excuse' for not wanting to play the game. By all means, don't play it if you don't like it but don't make something seem wrong when it is perfectly fine. Know what I don't like about it? The Aurin. I want to stab those little ####ers in the jugular.

ummm, no it really doesn't play like all other MMO's. 

it's kind of like ESO in that it requires a lot of finger juggling because you have to use WASD at the same time as 1-4. except in this this you need to do it even more and you need to use 1-8 while strafing with WASD. Among other things. There's also soem weird issues regarding how some attacks work but...

So i'm thinking of giving the beta a go and not sure what class to choose(the descriptions on the site don't seem to be the most helpful). What would those who have played it say one who tends to roll a mage in other mmo's should pick?

ummm, no it really doesn't play like all other MMO's. 

it's kind of like ESO in that it requires a lot of finger juggling because you have to use WASD at the same time as 1-4. except in this this you need to do it even more and you need to use 1-8 while strafing with WASD. Among other things. There's also soem weird issues regarding how some attacks work but...

Not having to juggle between the number keys and movement keys with 1 hand is why i love my razer naga and wouldn't want to play an MMO without it.