Photo

Portable gaming

sony nintendo ps vita nintendo 3ds

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Poll: Which handheld do you prefer?

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Which handheld do you prefer?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Slammers

Slammers

Neowinian

• 1,215 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:59

As an owner of both the 3ds definately has the quality games advantage. As a console, the vita is hugely better than than the 3ds though. The few really good games that vita has are true console experiences on a hendheld. If I could only choose one system it would definately be the 3ds, link between worlds is soooo damn good. But the, Personna 4g is bliss!

#17 bithush

bithush

Neowinian

• 338 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 17:38

The Vita is the better machine without a doubt but Mario Kart 3DS, all the Zelda games (DS as well!!) and Pokemon are just fantastic. The problem with the Vita is that it mostly just feels like all devs do is take a console game and port it to the Vita with a few tweaks. The 3DS games are designed from the ground up to be handheld games and that makes a big difference to me. The Vita has some good games which have been designed from the ground up to be Vita games and they are pretty good. Not Nintendo quality though sadly.

#18 Polonium

Polonium

Neowinian

• 225 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:33

Vita for me hands down. Love the console.

Games are quality and it has a great mix of console quality games along with the more portable 'I'll just have a 10 minute blast' games.

Then of course remote play and full access to the psn.

No brainer.

#19 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• 5,735 posts
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 03 August 2014 - 09:47

It depends what you're after, both the Vita and 3DS offer very different experiences to mobile phones, which are more suited to 5 minute breaks rather than a good long journey's worth of gaming.

My pick goes to the 3DS as I prefer playing on that system over my phone, and I don't have or have used a Vita, but I know it has some great games (Persona 4 Golden anyone?)

#20 MFH

MFH

RAII fanatic

• 2,323 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 11:57

I prefer a GCW Zero :D