Photo

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:00

I guess I don't really care about the particular shape if it looks like any other box in my TV unit and blend nicely in.

If it looks like a VCR, is that supposed to be bad? VCRs were good when I used them. :laugh:

#62 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:02

If it blends so well into the home theatre set up, doesn't that reinforce the theory that it could be mistaken for a VCR/receiver etc etc :laugh:

Think we're all in agreement here one way or the other :p Some are seeing as it as an "attack" on something that really isn't a big deal.

#63 OP Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:10

My point was that, yes, it looks like a component piece.  However, people bring up the 80's VCR thing as a "look how old and tired it's designed" when they could easily compare it to a modern 2014 blu-ray player or receiver.  The comparison is meant to be degrading.

#64 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:31

My point was that, yes, it looks like a component piece.  However, people bring up the 80's VCR thing as a "look how old and tired it's designed" when they could easily compare it to a modern 2014 blu-ray player or receiver.  The comparison is meant to be degrading.

And poking fun at the PS3 looking like a BBQ or George Foreman's isn't? Or that the original DS3 looked like a batarang/boomerang? Or the 360 looked like a 2004 Dell PC?

Double standards my friends. Double standards.

#65 OP Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:35

Whose double standards?  I'm talking about the Xbox One, not a PS3, DS3 or 360. :blink:

#66 srbeen

srbeen

Neowinian

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:35

Maybe they should have built 76.. The Xbone has been in stock at my local electronics shop since the New Year, but I havn't seen a PS4 yet. All considered, thats not great..

#67 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:39

Whose double standards?  I'm talking about the Xbox One, not a PS3, DS3 or 360. :blink:

You posted the picture of the PS3 commenting...

It's also interesting that certain people didn't seem to have a problem with the original PS3

#68 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:41

Maybe they should have built 76.. The Xbone has been in stock at my local electronics shop since the New Year, but I havn't seen a PS4 yet. All considered, thats not great..

I see a similar picture at a Target nearest to me. I have never seen a PS4 in stock and have started noticing XBO in its place only recently (since last few days of Dec or first week of Jan).

I also see that the number of XBO boxes changes every time I visit. I guess Target employees must be having fun moving them around to kill time?

Although the more logical explanation is that people are buying XBOs and there is a steady supply of them. It may not be as popular as PS4 but it is apparently not sitting on the shelves.

#69 OP Ironman273

Ironman273

Neowinian Fanatic

Posted 21 January 2014 - 20:43

I was comparing the PS3 dimensions to the X1s dimensions, saying they were similar.  I was just saying that people (specifically here) that liked the PS3 are now complaining about the form factor of the X1.  There was nothing derogatory towards the PS3.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!