Help me choose 27inch monitor

Hello Guys,

Well it's been six years since I bought a monitor and now I want to move on to 27inch monitor from my current HP 23INCH  inch monitor.

I have budget of ?500 and looking for a widescreen top notch image quality monitor possibly with Glass finish.

I have looked around Eizo, Hazro and IIyama are few of the names I have looked at so far. It's a shame the apple 27inch display cannot work on windows otherwise I would have bought that.

Please help me choose.

Thanks

Not sure it is really an appropriate time to buy a 27" monitor when affordable 28" 4K monitors are so close.

Also, the Apple 27" Cinema Display will work just fine with a PC, you just need to install the drivers.

Regardless of the above, it is difficult to recommend anything until you explain what you'll be using it for.

Hold off a year or two if you can. 27 inch budget monitor are not worth it. 4K will drop in price by the end of the year and then you will want to upgrade the monitor again.

At that price range, you can easily get a 2560 x 1440 27" beauty.

However, you should consider 2x 1920x1080 22" or 24" monitors as an alternative.

Not sure it is really an appropriate time to buy a 27" monitor when affordable 28" 4K monitors are so close.

Also, the Apple 27" Cinema Display will work just fine with a PC, you just need to install the drivers.

Regardless of the above, it is difficult to recommend anything until you explain what you'll be using it for.

How can you connect the apple display to PC?! Do they have DVI D output?

Hold off a year or two if you can. 27 inch budget monitor are not worth it. 4K will drop in price by the end of the year and then you will want to upgrade the monitor again.

Can you give some examples of 4k monitors?

How can you connect the apple display to PC?! Do they have DVI D output?

Can you give some examples of 4k monitors?

You can connect the 27" Apple Cinema Display to a PC using a DisplayPort connection.  They are quite common on modern graphics card and even some motherboards are carrying them.  I have my 27" Dell display plugged into my computer using the same type of connection.

You will need to also plug in the USB cable if you want to use the iSight camera etc.

http://hexus.net/tech/news/displays/64389-lenovo-unveils-4k-resolution-thinkvision-28pro2840-monitors/

I might just hold on the 4k monitor seems a lot better than the current 27inch ones.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't running games at a 4k resolution require an insane graphics card?

Absolutely.

I have a Dell U2711 that run at 2560 X 1440 that is flawless. Don't bother with one of those 27" screens at 1920 X1080. I opted for a 23" 1980 X 1080 touchscreen monitor for Windows 8.1. I had to send it on fir warrantee replacement and hooked up the Dell and found out how huch I missed the high resolution. Now I'm considering just going dual screen when I get my new touchscreen. If you don't care for touch, I thin Dell or Samsung make the best 27" displays. I think Dell might might make a newer IPS version off the U2711 but I'm not sue. I don't know enough about 4k but I'm not sure any is can take advantage of it and I'm sure you'd need a super beefy video card to drive games on it. My advice would be to get a nice a Dell thT dies 2560 X1440 and have some Monet left over for apn SSD or something.