Windows Server Noob

The star wind iscsi software. I don't think solar winds has a iscsi software, they do have a lot of other things mainly for troubleshooting and reporting though.

"local.home2.com (Thats my AD forest I believe If I read it correctly)"

I would not use a domain that is registered on the public net for your AD domain to be honest.

Make it something like home2.local or .lan or .whatever -- home2.com is a registered domain, and looks to be parked and has a wild card on it.. so your local.home2.com resolves on the public net to this.

budman@ubuntu:~$ dig local.home2.com +short

budman@ubuntu:~$

Points to here for authoritative dns

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

home2.com. 3438 IN NS a.ns.ultsearch.com.

home2.com. 3438 IN NS b.ns.ultsearch.com.

Hello,

"local.home2.com (Thats my AD forest I believe If I read it correctly)"

I would not use a domain that is registered on the public net for your AD domain to be honest.

Make it something like home2.local or .lan or .whatever -- home2.com is a registered domain, and looks to be parked and has a wild card on it.. so your local.home2.com resolves on the public net to this.

budman@ubuntu:~$ dig local.home2.com +short

budman@ubuntu:~$

Points to here for authoritative dns

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:

home2.com. 3438 IN NS a.ns.ultsearch.com.

home2.com. 3438 IN NS b.ns.ultsearch.com.

Yeah, I made a mistake on that :( AD was telling me something like I had to have a subdomain and tld, seperated by a "." I mistook (I was hurrying thru the process" that I had to put a "." two times for some reason, so yeah, next will be home2.local or something.