Teen maybe left infertile after police patdown

Darrin Manning, 16, was walking with a group of teammates to an afterschool basketball game in West Philadelphia last week when they were stopped by police. 

"I didn't deserve to be stopped. They didn't tell me what I did," Manning told My Fox Philly

Police ended up arresting Manning for aggregated assault and resisting arrest. 

It was as he was being handcuffed that Manning claims a female officer grabbed his testicles and squeezed. 

"I had the 'cuffs on. And she patted me down, and that's when I felt her grab and squeeze. And then she pulled down, and I yelled out," Manning said. 

The straight-A student spent the next eight hours behind bars, during which time police said he never reported any injuries.

However, the next night Manning was taken to hospital where he underwent emergency surgery on his genitals. 

His doctor said the teenager may never be able to father children.

Manning and his mother have now hired an attorney and want the original charges dropped. 

"He's in shock," Manning's attorney Lewis Small said. "It's such a tragedy to happen to, you know, a young man like this who's going to be scarred, whether it's physically scarred, which is a possibility, but certainly mentally scarred his entire life." 

Several community groups in Manning's area are holding a town hall meeting at a local church next week to discuss his case. 

Police are refusing to comment as they have now launched an internal investigation into the incident. 

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/2014/01/19/14/45/fear-teen-left-infertile-after-police-pat-down

I don't disagree, but that doesn't make it any less ######ed that the choice may have been taken away from him for apparently no reason.