Use the New Tab page
You may have noticed that your New Tab page has changed. All of the features that you’ve come to know and love are still in this new version of Chrome, but we’ve made searching easier.
For those who know. The old hack no longer works to bring back the old new page style
1. Enter "chrome://flags" (without quotes) in the address bar (or “omnibox” as Google terms it).
2. In the page that opens, scroll down until you locate the entry "Enable Instant Extended API Mac, Windows, Chrome OS". (It’s a long list. You might want to use Ctrl+F and the Find box).
3. In the little drop-down dialog at the bottom-left of the entry, click “Disabled”
4. At the bottom-left of your window, there should be a button “Relaunch Now”. Click it. Otherwise, just close and restart the browser.
5. If you want the new style back, click "Enabled" in step 3 above and restart the browser.
And there you have it – the new tab page the way it used to look
However, I found a work around. Download the extension "New tab redirect" https://chrome.googl...mdbhnlpiopdcmna
Install it and where it says the URL enter this chrome://apps/
Save and done! The old style is back