21 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=IKaiXA4Xx74

While this apparently leaked Driveclub video focuses on branding

Posted

Is this game a Sim (Gran Turismo, Forza)?

Or is it more like Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed?

Posted

Sim-like.

Their previous series was arcade (Motorstorm), but this is aimed at the GT crowd.

Posted

Is it really aimed at the GT crowd?

I thought it was more of a PGR type handling game. Not full arcade but semi realistic.

I've not played it and basing it off the videos i've seen.

Posted

I'm not that into racing games, especially sims; but, I'll give this one a try since it's free. At least, it was going to be when it was supposed to launch. I don't know if they changed their minds.

Posted

I'm not that into racing games, especially sims; but, I'll give this one a try since it's free. At least, it was going to be when it was supposed to launch. I don't know if they changed their minds.

No, they're still releasing a PS+ version of the game. It won't be the same as the full blown retail game but have a lot of the content from it.

You'll be able to upgrade to the full retail version for a small fee (i think).

I don't know how this'll work for multiplayer.

Posted

Still love that song. Brilliant track.

Would really like someone @Sony/Evo to clear it up if this will still be free for PS+ on release or not.

Posted

I'll definitely play it if its free on ps+. I'm just not a big sim racing fan to go as far as buy the game.

The videos I have seen look good though.

Posted

Essentially I think while they don't officially admit it, this series is Sony pushing PD's they're tired of PD's slow development, so they're telling them "Look we can get another studio to make a sim game as good as yours in less time, shape up or..."

Posted

Essentially I think while they don't officially admit it, this series is Sony pushing PD's they're tired of PD's slow development, so they're telling them "Look we can get another studio to make a sim game as good as yours in less time, shape up or..."

Or the guys at Evolution studios didn't want to make Motorstorm 4...

FYI Evolution studios have been making racing games with Sony since 1999.

They claim they had trademarked the name of the game almost 10 years ago, but were waiting for the technology to create their vision of the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_Studios

Posted

There was a part of me thinking the same thing.

But yeah, it's looking good. Hopefully it's not too much of a sim and is accessible to someone like me.

Posted

And now for a new proper trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiFXaurLv28&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted

Getting pretty hyped for this game now. It'll be so nice to have another player in the sim genre, other than GT/Forza.

OT: Don't like the new male VO "Playstation", at the end :(

Posted

Its a sim in all its 30fps glory

Posted

Getting pretty hyped for this game now. It'll be so nice to have another player in the sim genre, other than GT/Forza.

OT: Don't like the new male VO "Playstation", at the end :(

I think that's just for Japan?

Posted

Game looks great.. if its more forgiving than GT than ill def pick up.  Love racing games but I cant have it be too sim like.. but also want something more realistic than NFS..

Posted

I was excited about this game but the more trailers i see the more i am starting to have second thoughts.

Don't like the shadows of cars on asphalt and some times they are completely non existent thus resulting in a sensation that the car is half floating above the road. Also noticed some unrealistic car behaviour that didnt like either.

My hope is that this is just a badly made trailer of an unfinished game :(

Posted

Isn't this the one that was rumoured to be free because it wasn't going to be ready for ps4 launch?

Posted

Isn't this the one that was rumoured to be free because it wasn't going to be ready for ps4 launch?

No. There was going to be a "Free" PS+ version of the game, but it's not the full game.

1 person likes this

Posted

It wasn't a rumour. Sony announced it during their E3 conference.

Free DriveClub PS Plus Edition on PS4 Won't Include All Cars or Tracks

Sony confirmed that PlayStation Plus owners will not only benefit from the service on the PlayStation 4 but that they

Posted

I used the word rumour carefully, as I haven't seen the game available in the UK yet, I can only assume it isn't available in the US yet either.

You are correct in your quote, I remember reading that, but because it hasn't happened so far, I assumed they did a u turn.