Applications open as black windows with Teamviewer

Question

I am running Team Viewer 9 on both the Client and the Host. The Host computer is Windows 8.1 and the Client is Windows 7 Pro.

When i open applications i just get a Black windows with borders. This happens with numerous applications but not all of them (i think it might be due to how each app is drawn) either way the two biggest ones that bother me are Visual Studios 2013 and Chrome. However the Battle.net launcher will load without issues.

I have attached a screen capture from TeamViewer of Visual Studios you can see the purple border however, you are unable to see the content of the screen. Also even though I have my wallpaper hidden for performance reasons, if i chose to show the wallpaper the content of the app is black not transparent to the wallpaper.

Any Ideas?

post-120066-0-45213400-1390415538.png

Hello,

I am running Team Viewer 9 on both the Client and the Host. The Host computer is Windows 8.1 and the Client is Windows 7 Pro.

When i open applications i just get a Black windows with borders. This happens with numerous applications but not all of them (i think it might be due to how each app is drawn) either way the two biggest ones that bother me are Visual Studios 2013 and Chrome. However the Battle.net launcher will load without issues.

I have attached a screen capture from TeamViewer of Visual Studios you can see the purple border however, you are unable to see the content of the screen. Also even though I have my wallpaper hidden for performance reasons, if i chose to show the wallpaper the content of the app is black not transparent to the wallpaper.

Any Ideas?

attachicon.gifscreenshot.png

Ive seen it too on Chrome. Might be a bug.

What video card do you have?

Hello,

Ive seen it too on Chrome. Might be a bug.

What video card do you have?

Host: GT650M (2 of them in SLI)

Client: Intel 3000 HD Graphics chipset (Core i5)

Have you tried installing the TeamViewer monitor driver? It can be installed from the advanced settings or by triggering the install prompt by using the option to black out the remote display.

Have you tried installing the TeamViewer monitor driver? It can be installed from the advanced settings or by triggering the install prompt by using the option to black out the remote display.

Ok i found that and got it installed, and rebooted the host machine. It still has the same thing. 

Ok i found that and got it installed, and rebooted the host machine. It still has the same thing. 

Weird, that should have let Teamviewer read the images directly from the framebuffer. Have you tried updating the video card drivers?

Host: Graphics Driver Version GeForce 332.21 (1/07/14)

Client: Graphics Driver Version 8.15.10.2827 ( 08/10/2012 *according the Intel Driver Check, there are no newer versions for my hardware)

I went to the Intel driver update thing and ran their scanning tool and it told me i had the latest version.

Also Dell only provides that driver for my model.

Either way i do not see how it can be a client side graphics issue when other applications run without issue and it is only certain apps that load like that. All the client has to do is render the image sent to it via TeamViewer its not actually rendering the applications.

I have no idea to what your issue is, or if client or server side.. Just pointing out that I don't think that is the lastest driver for your card if its a HD 3000.

Simple going to the intel site and saying what card you have shows a much newer driver.

OEMs site never have current, btw..

edit: One of the reasons I hate when people state latest when you ask them what driver/bios they are running. Latest tells me nothing other than you don't know how to answer a question ;)

going through Intel's website i manually downloaded the 8.15.10.2993 update from 3/21/2013 i had to force it to install it kept telling me it was unsupported (until i ran it as admin even though i am a local admin)

going through Intel's website i manually downloaded the 8.15.10.2993 update from 3/21/2013 i had to force it to install it kept telling me it was unsupported (until i ran it as admin even though i am a local admin)

that's an older driver. the latest driver should be 10.18.10.3379 (never mind, scratch that version # that's for 4000 & up, budman has it right)

Being in the admin group of any OS that runs UAC, is not the same as having the admin token.. Applications do not run with admin priv by default.. They run as you, you have the right to elevate up to admin is being in the local admin group says. Does not mean every application you run is going to have admin rights, etc.

"8.15.10.2993 update from 3/21/2013"

How is that the latest version? You sated you had a HD 3000, which is where I Linked too and is

11/18/2013

15.28.20.64.3347 (9.17.10.3347)

I saw that page however, it is a direct reference to the whole remote session being black not just a single application.

like i said, have you tried rolling back to teamviewer 8 on both systems to see if the bug still occurs? 9 hasn't been out very long so it could be a bug in the new version they didn't catch

Being in the admin group of any OS that runs UAC, is not the same as having the admin token.. Applications do not run with admin priv by default.. They run as you, you have the right to elevate up to admin is being in the local admin group says. Does not mean every application you run is going to have admin rights, etc.

"8.15.10.2993 update from 3/21/2013"

How is that the latest version? You sated you had a HD 3000, which is where I Linked too and is

11/18/2013

15.28.20.64.3347 (9.17.10.3347)

I am starting to think its not an Intel 3000 Chipset then. I honestly cannot find anywhere that tells me exactly what it is. everywhere just tells me that its Intel HD Graphics.

Here is a GPU-Z Screen capture.

This is for the Client computer. (my work computer)

post-120066-0-73516400-1390485505.gif

Still not working, and I just tried Splash top and it works but it does not support cross network connections unless you pay them.

DirectX is fully updated, as far as the links, as i posted above, the problem isnt the whole screen going black. as you can seen in the screen capture i posted, its just the specific applications display as Black with a Border around them rather than showing the application itself. Its not all applications just certain ones (only ones i have tested for this are Chrome and Visual Studios) all other apps i have tested work without issue. but i mainly use the remote session to access visual studios.

i'm not sure if you haven't seen my suggestion or if you're just ignoring it but have you tried rolling back to teamviewer8 on both machines to see if the issue is still present?

also have you submitted a bug report with teamviewer directly yet? maybe they'll have an answer