Answered Go to the full post plugins

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kolibob

Kolibob

Neowinian

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:26

Hello, I'm starting a minecraft server, and I would love help with the plugins,as we all know, it uses JAVA, and I know nothing about JAVA programming. So if you can research for some information, or maybe you already know, give me a suggestion down below! Thanks.

By The Way, I need them to be original, and not already made!  :D 

Best Answer Grinch , 23 January 2014 - 22:05

Realistically you are going to have a tough time making an original plugin without first learning the basics of Java (plenty of tutorials out there to get you started, Google/Bing will be your best buddy for that).

I'm under the assumption you intend to make plugins for CraftBukkit using the Bukkit API since Minecraft (as it stands right now) has no official API. If that is indeed the case then you will want to consult the Bukkit API javadocs and any further questions regarding the Bukkit API would be best asked over on their forum as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

Go to the full post

#2 n_K

n_K

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: Nokia 3315

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:46

Are you asking for examples of plugins or how to make your own?
You will need to learn java first before you start, unless you're using another server (one coded in C++ or C# for instance).

Then you'd be best to look up on the minecraft APIs to find out how to interface with them.

#3 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 23 January 2014 - 22:05   Best Answer

Realistically you are going to have a tough time making an original plugin without first learning the basics of Java (plenty of tutorials out there to get you started, Google/Bing will be your best buddy for that).

I'm under the assumption you intend to make plugins for CraftBukkit using the Bukkit API since Minecraft (as it stands right now) has no official API. If that is indeed the case then you will want to consult the Bukkit API javadocs and any further questions regarding the Bukkit API would be best asked over on their forum as well.

Hope that helps a bit.

#4 OP Kolibob

Kolibob

Neowinian

Posted 23 January 2014 - 23:12

Hope that helps a bit.

Yes,I would like to do them with Craft Bukkit,but I need a start, just tell me where to start, that would be lovely and helpful! Thanks

#5 Grinch

Grinch

Developer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 925

Posted 23 January 2014 - 23:16

Yes,I would like to do them with Craft Bukkit,but I need a start, just tell me where to start, that would be lovely and helpful! Thanks

A basic understanding of Java would be where to start, I can point you here for that.

Past that the best I can suggest is looking at the Bukkit Wiki for creating your first plugin.

#6 OP Kolibob

Kolibob

Neowinian

Posted 24 January 2014 - 10:15

A basic understanding of Java would be where to start, I can point you here for that.

Past that the best I can suggest is looking at the Bukkit Wiki for creating your first plugin.

Thanks for your help!

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!