• This topic is locked This topic is locked
214 replies to this topic

#211 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,322 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:14

A figure of money is just that, unless you invest in new IP who gives a **** what figure you are throwing around? It's easy to chuck money at just making Halo x, Gears of War x, Forza x....

Everyone needs to bring the new IP to stop this further continuation into "and then everything was COD/FIFA".

There's more evidence to suggest Sony, and even Nintendo being riskier with their money from last gen, so MS better be taking some of that money and investing in homegrowing, not just buying out 3rd party devs and creating some new Halo.

GotBored brought up the money argument. You need to take that with him how more money = better games.
About unique IPs
- Forza Horizon is a brand spanking new IP that came out last year (well 2012)
- Halo Wars and Spartan Assault are new IPs
You can create new IPs in existing universe. I like how you guys like to discount Halo when the universe goes much deeper than any contemporary game.

You also have likes of Max and State of Decay that come to mind.

That's the thing though.. I never like Halo, Forza, Gears. Mech FPS games don't appeal to me. Project spark you can get on Windows. Haven't looked into the other two.

I wasn't ranting, I was stating my opinion. Whereas I really like Knack, and want Drive Club, Infamous, The Order, Uncharted 4. There are other games I want that are cross platform.

The Order is not 1080p, you probably won't enjoy it.

You can't qualify a platform with subjective opinions based on your taste. (edit: I mean pass a judgement in this particular thread of discussion).

For every Drive Club that Sony is unable to ship, there is a Forza Horizon 2.
For every Uncharted, there is/will be a Gears and so on.

#212 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 7,988 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.1.2)

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:22

How can you have a discussion about new IPs for Sony and MS if you've never even researched into the IPs of one? Rants do take the form of opinion, it doesn't mean that the way you're voicing your opinion isn't ranting.

Regarding Spark, you still can't get it on your PS4.

I can say that MS doesn't have Sony beat.. out of the IP's you listed I knew about, none of them made me want an xbone,  Whereas I listed 5 that did pull me to the PS4.  

Sunset overdrive looks kinda meh, open world killing.. isn't that pretty much dead rising.. but monsters instead of zombies? Quantum Break looks kinda cool, but definitely not a console purchaser for me.  I wouldn't buy a console for 1 game.

The Order is not 1080p, you probably won't enjoy it.

You can't qualify a platform with subjective opinions based on your taste. (edit: I mean pass a judgement in this particular thread of discussion).

For every Drive Club that Sony is unable to ship, there is a Forza Horizon 2.
For every Uncharted, there is/will be a Gears and so on.

You mean like saying that the Microsoft has sony beat in the gaming department?  The point I was trying to make was that it can't just said Microsoft has Sony beat.. when so far there is nothing to backup that claim.  

#213 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

Neowinian

• 1,035 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:29

Sunset overdrive looks kinda meh, open world killing.. isn't that pretty much dead rising.. but monsters instead of zombies? Quantum Break looks kinda cool, but definitely not a console purchaser for me.  I wouldn't buy a console for 1 game.

Honestly, to me, it looks like your finding any excuse to dislike a game on the platform considering that all they've shown is a CGI trailer and we don't even know the genre of the game yet.

For example, your remarks on Titanfall. It has been critically acclaimed everywhere, even by the public after the Alpha test, to be the most refreshing FPS since CoD 4. I had my own doubts around how I'd personally find it, but honestly playing it for the first time it was that something special. The fact that you won't consider it and instantly throw it into the trash in your own mind tells me everything I need to know.

#214 OP Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,483 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:34

Honestly, to me, it looks like your finding any excuse to dislike a game on the platform considering that all they've shown is a CGI trailer and we don't even know the genre of the game yet.

For example, your remarks on Titanfall. It has been critically acclaimed everywhere, even by the public after the Alpha test, to be the most refreshing FPS since CoD 4. I had my own doubts around how I'd personally find it, but honestly playing it for the first time it was that something special. The fact that you won't consider it and instantly throw it into the trash in your own mind tells me everything I need to know.

His comments on Sunset Overdrive are unfair, but in regards to Titanfall it does look very similar to COD gameplay as in it has the COD crowded user interface and twitch based gameplay. I don't really see people who hate COD suddenly feeling like Titanfall is completely different, mechs add an element of difference to the combat, but the core gameplay is still fast, crowded and in your face. I don't doubt it will be better than COD, especially for the older fans of the series, but it's not exactly diverting miles away from the groundwork IW laid down with COD.

#215 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• 23,847 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 14:38

Topic Closed.

Sorry guys, this topic has run it's course. If someone wants to make a dedicated sub/1080p topic to discuss these news stories, then feel free.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!