PS4 Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition Off-screen Footage

Seems like such an odd title to port over..  isnt this game fairly old?  I assume Sony knows more than I do as far as # of people still playing.. or it was cheap to port over..   I never got into those types of games but i think it looks great in the video.

Seems like such an odd title to port over..  isnt this game fairly old?  I assume Sony knows more than I do as far as # of people still playing.. or it was cheap to port over..   I never got into those types of games but i think it looks great in the video.

D3 only released in 2012.

The port to 360/PS3 released in September 2013 and the expansion pack (the game in this topic) releases in March.

D3 only released in 2013 :huh:

The port to 360/PS3 released in September 2013 and the expansion pack (the game in this topic) releases in March.

D3 actually came out in 2012.   ;)

D3 only released in 2012.

Ok.. so if expansions are still being released then there must be a decent amount of people still playing it.  

Ok.. so if expansions are still being released then there must be a decent amount of people still playing it.  

This will be the first expansion for D3.  Hasn't had one yet.

This will be the first expansion for D3.  Hasn't had one yet.

Yup. One more to come afterwards too (if you still go by the leaked roadmap), unless they decide to support it longer. D3 is still an infant compared to it's older brother :P

D3 is an abomination. 

I'm definitely not a fan of the way Blizzard screwed up D3's release, but it isn't that bad in terms of gameplay or anything. They're also killing off that auction house nonsense which will hopefully restore the game back to what it's supposed to be.

D3 is a brilliant game today. I've loved it since launch, but many of the issues surrounding the release are long behind it. With the 2.0 loot patch coming, things will be even better.

D3 is a brilliant game today. I've loved it since launch, but many of the issues surrounding the release are long behind it. With the 2.0 loot patch coming, things will be even better.

You can't be serious...  The stupidest story ever written, crappy drops, auto leveling (just epic lol right there.) who needs a skill tree amiright guys!, and the list goes on to 1,523

You can't be serious...  The stupidest story ever written, crappy drops, auto leveling (just epic lol right there.) who needs a skill tree amiright guys!, and the list goes on to 1,523

I don't play ARPGs for story. I play them to click **** :p Auto leveling wasn't a big deal for me, sure it was a departure from D2 and the rest but I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Same for skill trees.

Granted if you wanted another D2 then you're going to be disappointed in 3 no matter what. Luckily you have PoE now :p My original point is the issues it had are fixed, not that it became a completely new game or reinvented itself.

I don't play ARPGs for story. I play them to click **** :p Auto leveling wasn't a big deal for me, sure it was a departure from D2 and the rest but I didn't miss it as much as I thought I would. Same for skill trees.

Granted if you wanted another D2 then you're going to be disappointed in 3 no matter what. Luckily you have PoE now :p My original point is the issues it had are fixed, not that it became a completely new game or reinvented itself.

Luckily Path of Exile fills the hole the Blizzard North would've filled.

Stupid story ? well yeah, it's Diablo... it's not deep stuff, it's hero defeats evil from hell with some angelic help. The drops are supposedly fixed and getting more fixed with killing of the auction house so you don't have to grind easy for 20 years to get gear for medium....  As for auto levelling and skill trees, it's a hack and Slash game, it's not a DnD RPG. HAck and Slash, not RPG. 

• Like 2

Luckily Path of Exile fills the hole the Blizzard North would've filled.

Then why do you still sound so bitter about it? You have PoE and better yet it didn't cost you a thing.

If you want a true spirtual successor to D2 (as far as developers involvement), then you have TL2.

Personally, I play and love all 3 of them.

Haven't played D3 in a long time, was tempted to buy the expansion for PC.. will probably just wait and do it on PS4.

I'm thinking about getting it so I guess we should add each other.

Stupid story ? well yeah, it's Diablo... it's not deep stuff, it's hero defeats evil from hell with some angelic help. The drops are supposedly fixed and getting more fixed with killing of the auction house so you don't have to grind easy for 20 years to get gear for medium....  As for auto levelling and skill trees, it's a hack and Slash game, it's not a DnD RPG. HAck and Slash, not RPG. 

Any film or game story can be generalized to the level you just said.  Diablo 1+2 had much deeper stories and created a high level or lore you see today.  This is what you guys like 

You could say you dont play a game for its story but I bet even when you were playing it was so obvious what was going to happen every chapter.  In Diablo 2 there was almost no indication if Tyreal was good or bad the whole game because of Baal.

Tech trees are so important to this kind of game its not even funny.  If I wanted to build a summoner or fire build, I could because of tech trees.  But now... sigh... Do I want option A or option B...

Then why do you still sound so bitter about it? You have PoE and better yet it didn't cost you a thing.

If you want a true spirtual successor to D2 (as far as developers involvement), then you have TL2.

Personally, I play and love all 3 of them.

I am bitter.  Should I always look for alternatives to games I used to love?  The Thief franchise is one of my favorite, shall I look for an alternative because I know that Garrett looks like a goth who can't jump anymore?  It just irks me when people go around messed up the formula.

I am bitter.  Should I always look for alternatives to games I used to love?  The Thief franchise is one of my favorite, shall I look for an alternative because I know that Garrett looks like a goth who can't jump anymore?  It just irks me when people go around messed up the formula.

I have to agree here. Guerilla destroyed killzone with that abomination they call shadowfall. I also wish they'd leave some things alone. Granted I haven't played d3 in a very long time, (too frustrated with the rubber banding effect it suffered from at the start, but as it doesn't need to be always online anymore I figured I'll give it another try)

firey21  = my psn.

I would have just pmmed you, but thanks, I'll add as soon as I sign in. :)

I have to agree here. Guerilla destroyed killzone with that abomination they call shadowfall. I also wish they'd leave some things alone. Granted I haven't played d3 in a very long time, (too frustrated with the rubber banding effect it suffered from at the start, but as it doesn't need to be always online anymore I figured I'll give it another try)

I would have just pmmed you, but thanks, I'll add as soon as I sign in. :)

This * 100000000000000.

BTW I'd just wait until reaper of souls.  Diablo 3 is still a pile of crap.

• Like 1