• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#91 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:15

Ok now I know you have 'Steam' colored glasses on :laugh:

For people like yourself that cannot 'see any Steam game that is $50 or $60 on Steam', it would definitely be hard to believe. I happen to be in your group since I have yet to buy a game on Steam that was not on sale for at least 50% off.

If you know what the timeframe is for full priced titles to hit 50% or 75% off, then please share it, I really dont know what the average is. I'm sure someone already did this research.

That's not 50 or 75% off :p

Well I've not researched it but I can definitely judge when one is due or when something is priced too highly. I see it often enough and I have a wishlist/library big enough to know when deals happen :laugh:

And the comment about $50/60 wasn't me wearing rose tinted glasses btw, I honestly don't know of any. Just out of curiosity I've URL hacked to find it and the most expensive game on Steam is ARMA 3 for £40. Everything above that is either software or a collection of games/DLC. Followed closely behind by most of the recent CoD games and AC4 and then more collections.

But my point is you'll see games hit 75% long before they see that kind of price on XBL or PSN. AC4 will probably be 50% by the summer sale or at least 40%. No chance that'll happen on consoles DD. But like I've said about other console problems in the past, the only people who lose out are those that apologise for Microsoft/Sony and bend over when they say so. I'll look out for me and my wallet elsewhere :p (Y)

#92 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 18 February 2014 - 00:46

And the comment about $50/60 wasn't me wearing rose tinted glasses btw, I honestly don't know of any. Just out of curiosity I've URL hacked to find it and the most expensive game on Steam is ARMA 3 for £40. Everything above that is either software or a collection of games/DLC. Followed closely behind by most of the recent CoD games and AC4 and then more collections.

Well there you go, more Euorpean pricing showing up. US pricing on Steam is showing several games at $50 or more. A quick count shows about 20 games at 50 or above and 9 of those at $60 (that is just counting games in the 'action' genre). I agree with your point, its just I wanted to add a little perspective to it.

Your overall point is most definitely true though, Steam offers much better deals than on consoles. A sale like the one in this thread is nice, but not enough to match the way Steam sales go on. That would take store wide deals, not just a couple deals a week.

#93 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:45

Here is a breakdown of the larger sale on 360 games:

http://majornelson.c...ate-games-sale/

Some good deals there.

#94 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:49

Here is a breakdown of the larger sale on 360 games:

http://majornelson.c...ate-games-sale/

Some good deals there.

Saw that this morning, I give them a B for effort :p

Only 4 games from 2013 and the rest a lot older. The games have been cheaper elsewhere for months too or in some cases part of PS+ IGC.

Looking forward to tomorrow's selection and hopefully I won't own everything on offer :laugh:

#95 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:54

Saw that this morning, I give them a B for effort :p

Only 4 games from 2013 and the rest a lot older. The games have been cheaper elsewhere for months too or in some cases part of PS+ IGC.

Looking forward to tomorrow's selection and hopefully I won't own everything on offer :laugh:

I wondered how long it would take you to swoop in and remind us of how bad it is :laugh:

#96 OP Andrew

Andrew

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 18 February 2014 - 17:58

I wondered how long it would take you to swoop in and remind us of how bad it is :laugh:

lol.

I admit, I am very hard to please when it comes to deals and I am definitely in the minority here when it comes to what's on offer / already own ratio.

Again, I think it's absolutely great that they're doing the sales and the prices are great (Y) I'm "mean" because I care and because I love bargains lol :laugh:

#97 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:01

lol.

I admit, I am very hard to please when it comes to deals and I am definitely in the minority here when it comes to what's on offer / already own ratio.

Again, I think it's absolutely great that they're doing the sales and the prices are great (Y) I'm "mean" because I care and because I love bargains lol :laugh:

I'm just being hard on you.  I get why you care.  I'm often the same way when it comes to buying just about anything.

As soon as MS offers a sale that offers 100% off games, then you can really celebrate.

#98 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:57

They need to fix their Rayman Legends blooper. RRP is $40, it's $40 on PSN store, but is currently $60 on XBL. Not that anyone on Neowin is brainless enough to do so, but obviously do not buy it just now lol.

#99 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 18:59

They need to fix their Rayman Legends blooper. RRP is $40, it's $40 on PSN store, but is currently $60 on XBL. Not that anyone on Neowin is brainless enough to do so, but obviously do not buy it just now lol.

I dont think that was one of the 'deals' posted :laugh:

#100 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 18 February 2014 - 19:01

I dont think that was one of the 'deals' posted :laugh:

Nah of course not, I just didn't want to create a topic to point out something MS will no doubt fix within the next few hours! Just hope them/Ubisoft have the refunds ready for anyone who does purchase it just now.

edit: Apparently fixed already!

#101 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 19:03

Nah of course not, I just didn't want to create a topic to point out something MS will no doubt fix within the next few hours! Just hope them/Ubisoft have the refunds ready for anyone who does purchase it just now.

edit: Apparently fixed already!

Not even a few hours.

#102 SnoopZ

SnoopZ

Resistance is Futile

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:19

I snapped up the digital version of Ryse for £33.59 while it is on offer which is considered cheap compared to the normal £54.99 price, i also did this via a Microsoft gift card from Cdkeys.com as they currently sell a £50 card for £41.99 so not a bad deal in the end for us brits!