Could you see yourself marrying an atheist?

Could you see yourself marrying an Atheist?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Could you see yourself marrying an Atheist?

• No, religion is important to me and needs to have the faith.
    • No, same religion is not important but belief in god or spiritual is the minimum
    • Yes, as long we get a long and I love her/him
    • Yes, one of the reason I started to date the person

Can someone now make a thread :  "Could you marry someone who thinks you can speak some words bedside @ night and magic will happen ?  Someone who thinks their version of the same tired old story based off of egyptian mythology is actually the original ?  Someone who reads 1 easy book, instead of all the hard ones ?  Someone who thinks its OK to give up your daughter to a stranger as long as you get 50 pieces of silver for her chastity ?  Someone who believes in talking snakes, that every animal we see on theplanet now was in 1 boat - and they all walked to the boat before boarding ?   Someone who thinks speaking about their jealous deity with a bad attitude is more serious than raping babies ?  Someone who thinks their prayers about little insignificant nothingness in life are answered, and its completely normal that 20,000 babies die every single day - and they deserved it because your little prayer was more important and deserved to be answered ?"  A PERSON WHOSE BELIEF IS SOLELY BASED ON WHERE/HOW THEY WERE RAISED ?

- No.  In fact I would consider that person morally bankrupt, delusional, dim-witted, and selfish.

Arent you glad you created this pointless thread ?

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I love it how so many religious people are so tolerant of each other's faiths these days and yet underneath it all if they really believe all other religions are just as much BS as atheist think all religion is only they probably also think something hideous will happen to them after they die.

I am an atheist and couldn't see myself marrying a "strict" Christian i.e. one who reads the bible actually believes in it or goes to church, I should qualify this by saying in the UK most "Christians" are so purely by birth marrying one of these would be fine.

I don't see the option for 'I'd rather chop my leg off than marry anyone.'

Good point I don't want to be married to a women it implies a religious context I want the legal right to a heterosexual civil union.