Source 2 / Left 4 Dead 3 slides leak

Valve doesn't really have a "focus" as a company, but rather a selection of projects that people have the most passion for.

As far as the authenticity of the material in this thread, it would have to be one of the most well-timed, well-researched hoaxes in history, even down to the fine detail such as the toolset.

Yes, I've read the interviews and articles as well, but that still makes something a focus. They're not going to get 100 people working on a project only to all abandon ship because their "passion" changes -- there would be good reason why they'd stop developing that project, such as it not coming together as planned.

Yes, I've read the interviews and articles as well, but that still makes something a focus. They're not going to get 100 people working on a project only to all abandon ship because their "passion" changes -- there would be good reason why they'd stop developing that project, such as it not coming together as planned.

I disagree. While they likely wouldn't outright abandon a project for such reasons, the downsizing of the Dota 2 cabal post-TI3 certainly indicates that passion/enthusiasm has a big part to play.