Dead SSD?

in the last week i have been getting blue screens on my windows 8.1 install, every time i would boot it would blue screen and then go into recovery mode. I tried safe boot to see if it could be software issue based but still my computer would blue screen and reboot. I then tried using Ubuntu and it slowly copied files over but while it was the computer restarted again. Windows 8.1 is installed on my SSD and Ubuntu is installed on a separate hard drive. The bios recognizes that i have a SSD connected but in the ACHI bios is says no drive found. So does anyone know what i could to fix this?

Definitely sounds like a hardware issue, considering that it translates across different operating systems.

What model drive do you have? Have you tried updating the drive firmware using the latest from the manufacturer's website?

Crucial M4 256 GB and i have the latest firmware already installed on the SSD. Could the SSD have failed?  Because currently i have 2 hard drives that are locked because of the file transfers was happening and there wasn't a clean shutdown. 

Also tried Memtest that says my ram is running fine no errors.

How do you mean "i have 2 hard drives that are locked because of the file transfers was happening and there wasn't a clean shutdown."
 Are you implying that you corrupted the drives? That checks out moreso than failed.

If the SSD has failed, in my experience with SSDs, they disappear and aren't heard from again. It isn't like half-working mechanicals which detect and then disappear after they heat up. They just vanish from the BIOS and you get 'insert system disk' error or something along those lines that no OS is found. If you did corrupt it by pulling the power in the middle of a write, you should be able to restore windows using a USB stick or similar and fix the corrupted driver.

Otherwise pull drive from system and run HDD diagnostic on it using another system, or boot a live distro and see if you can recover your files. I have a feeling you'll be able to. If you don't care about data, low-level format it and ensure theres no write errors over the whole storage.

I had this same drive and had the same problem as you, I had to do this to get it going again 

Unplug SATA cable, leave the power cable plugged into SSD drive, turn computer back on, leave the computer on for about a half hour. Before turning the computer off plug in SATA cable back into ssd drive, do not turn computer off only reset the computer (reset button or Ctrl alt Delete).

Then your drive should be back up and running. Then immediately downgrade the firmware to 000f. http://edge.crucial.com/firmware/m4/000F/Crucialm4_000F.zip

I ran the windows 8.1 install on the SSD and i just saw it take an hour and still not joy on repairing or anything. Took the SSD out tried windows 8.1 on one of the hard drive it worked within minutes. So my SSD has gone completely thanks guys for your help.