About the Photography Challenge

Photography Challenge  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Extend January's theme of "Flat"?

• Yes, extend the theme
    • No, I want a new challenge

I had all intentions of posting in last months but work/gym and Xbox have all gotten in the way! I would be happy if it was extended so I might get my rear in gear and actually do something.

I had all intentions of posting in last months but work/gym and Xbox have all gotten in the way! I would be happy if it was extended so I might get my rear in gear and actually do something.

I'm quoting you on that 

The only thing flat brings to mind is tyres :laugh: :dizzy:

LoL no dude there's so much more!

Think color, expresion, figures, etc. try not to look at it so "literal"

The only thing flat brings to mind is tyres :laugh: :dizzy:

I was going to contribute for the first time this month but I couldn't get passed "flat" either. And now they're extending it  :| Oh well maybe I'll try a little harder. My tires are pretty flat...

I was going to contribute for the first time this month but I couldn't get passed "flat" either. And now they're extending it  :| Oh well maybe I'll try a little harder. My tires are pretty flat...

Nothing is definite yet, if you want a new theme then you can vote for it :)

As for January's flat theme, that is the official wording in the OP but we don't need to split hairs over "flat" and "flatness". We'll leave it open to artisitic interpretation of the word, as long as you can back up your shot (if need be).

I think that's a fair enough compromise, especially if it allows more entries.

I'll add a poll to make it more obvious we're voting on what to do.

In the interest of time, a February thread with a new theme (as voted on this poll) will be up shortly and a voting thread will then encompass both months since January only got 2 submissions.

I think I need to make a clarification post here.

The past weeks have been pretty rough for me, and as such by the time the new thread was due to be posted, I just couldn't find the time to set it up, after that, Neowin promptly died for a while and as such I couldn't get the new thread up even if I wanted to.

Going forward, what we need to do is ensure a theme is in place for the following month before the competition ends, so that the transition between months is smooth as butter and incidents like this don't happen again. Obviously the fact that the site went down is beyond our control but I will be changing the format of the competition for the future.

So yes, get out there taking photos for this month's theme, and I'll explain the changes in the challenge thread itself.