• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 11
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1u1

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:02

It is not often that I use the google hangout feature as sadly but honestly i do not have many friends. However, with Chrome having the notification and hangouts addon and Google Plus having hangouts on the right and Gmail with hangouts on the left. I see the list more and more. and What i am noticing is i have no idea who the people on that list are. and in one case there is someone on there that is not even a person it is a support page for a service i once used.

Is there any way of removing unwanted people from the hangout list? i have looked around and have been unable to find any articles on this matter.

Best Answer Steven P. , 29 January 2014 - 15:08

Click on the unwanted name and then on the gear icon top right of the 'chat' window and block that person. They will be removed from the list.

Go to the full post

#2 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 20
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:04

There are people you are following and such?

Got a screenshot of them?

#3 Steven P.

Steven P.

aka Neobond

• Tech Issues Solved: 83

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:08   Best Answer

Click on the unwanted name and then on the gear icon top right of the 'chat' window and block that person. They will be removed from the list.

SNAG-0003.png

#4 OP Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:24

attachicon.gifSNAG-0003.png

seams to get them off the list. Still not sure how they got on there.

#5 redvamp128

redvamp128

Neowinian Senior

Posted 29 January 2014 - 15:46

I find that somehow certain people get added to mine... usually I find that their name is also on a "SEND TO" list of emails. In other words .. their name is listed on group email that I have accepted or replied to.

#6 OP Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

Posted 29 January 2014 - 18:33

yeah, i am not liking how they have implemented this hangouts list, i think that it should only have people on it that are part of a list that you have specified such as any other chat service. I found out why i had so many people i did not know on it (even though there are a few i still cannot find) i am part of a neowin Group so all of that group is on my list. I didnt know a lot of the neowin folks by their real names so it got me confused.