Outlast on PS4 runs at 1080p/60fps

In order to know more about the PS4 version, we got in touch with Philippe Morin, co-founder of development team Red Barrels.

The demand behind 60 frames per second ? despite some damn good looking games like Ryse: Son of Rome running at 30 FPS ? is as high as ever, and the question for a next gen release will always be whether or not it runs at full HD 60 FPS. Fortunately for PlayStation 4 users, Philippe has confirmed with GamingBolt that Outlast will run at 60 frames per second at 1080p resolution.

It was revealed not too long ago that the single core speed of the PlayStation 4?s CPU is lower than that found in a high-end PC. We asked whether this created any CPU thread management issues on the PS4, to which he replied: ?We didn?t run into any issues. We?re using all the cores and the [amount of] RAM also helps.?

He also revealed that there are no differences between the PC and PlayStation 4 versions. ?As far as we?re concerned, both versions look the same,? he said.

Source: http://gamingbolt.com/outlast-ps4-runs-at-60-fps-developer-faced-no-cpu-thread-management-issues

Awesome news. This game freaked me out in spots, but enjoyable in the end.

Its not really a game that requires high frame rates, but I sure appreciate it on the pc.

Its really a great sign for things to come.

My PC built in 2008 (mid-range at the time), can play it on high / 1080p @ 60fps... so of course the PS4 will run at 1080p/60fps. Surely there was never any doubt, it's not exactly a demanding game.

My PC built in 2008 (mid-range at the time), can play it on high / 1080p @ 60fps... so of course the PS4 will run at 1080p/60fps. Surely there was never any doubt, it's not exactly a demanding game.

That was my thought as well. It's almost like bragging that I can play Candy Crush at 1080p, 60fps on my computer. WOOT!

true dat

That was my thought as well. It's almost like bragging that I can play Candy Crush at 1080p, 60fps on my computer. WOOT!

I think in this instance it's just nice to know they bothered to put effort in with the port :P