Halo 2 Anniversary on Xbox One due for release November 2014

rumour

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 ensiform

ensiform

"I AM SUCH A BA!"

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:13

Halo 2 trumps all other Halo releases, by far IMHO. It was the most pure multiplayer fun I had in a shooter, ever. All the subsequent ones just added too much stuff without adding much value. If they can bring that back and up it for the Xbox One then I'm all in!!

Now if only they'd re-release Halo 2 in HD on PC that works on at least 7+ without GFWL...  H2MP was the shiz back in the day, even local split screen on the original xbox.

#17 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:17

One thing about the other rumors posted here.

If MS were to release an X1 without a bluray drive, perhaps they are waiting to do that until they have their software features in place. I'm referring to features that allow things like the digital game sharing, or even the ability to resell/trade those games.

If they did bring about more digital management features, then a digital only console makes more sense. Plus, this should not fragment the user base at all unlike doing something like removing Kinect. Developers wouldn't be impacted much at all since all games are already pushed for digital release. I could see many users willing to buy such a console, especially if its $100 cheaper.

For me, I still like having the drive there for buying some retail games and for media purposes, so I think making a second sku is the best way to go about that. Let us pick the way we want to consume media.

I think they'll do it but not this soon unless it's through deals with cable TV providers as a second set-top box option. If that's how they do it then I also think it could be more than $100 less, imp thinking $299 with some cable deal in the process. I say this because I expect a newer version with a 1TB hard drive for $499 holiday 2014 which means the current 500GB model will have to drop it's price to something, and I'm thinking that something will be $399 instead.

#18 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:10

I think they'll do it but not this soon unless it's through deals with cable TV providers as a second set-top box option. If that's how they do it then I also think it could be more than $100 less, imp thinking $299 with some cable deal in the process. I say this because I expect a newer version with a 1TB hard drive for $499 holiday 2014 which means the current 500GB model will have to drop it's price to something, and I'm thinking that something will be $399 instead.

Well that's one way to do a price drop without it looking bad. I think that would go over well.

#19 compl3x

compl3x

One day until retirement

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:29

Why the hell do companies care if news about popular games/sequels/prequels get leaked?

The movie industry pretty much tells us 10 minutes after the first screening of a popular movie that another one is in the pipeline, why does the gaming industry care so obsessively about embargoing and concealing stuff that is almost certainly make them a boatload of money?

#20 OP BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:32

Halo 2 trumps all other Halo releases, by far IMHO. It was the most pure multiplayer fun I had in a shooter, ever. All the subsequent ones just added too much stuff without adding much value. If they can bring that back and up it for the Xbox One then I'm all in!!

I was going to post that Foundation is one of my all time favorite maps but then realized I loved pretty much all Halo 2 maps. :yes: :laugh:

#21 FreeJAC1310

FreeJAC1310

Neowinian

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:44

Chiming in to also voice my excitement / support for Halo 2 on Xbox One. I would also like to see it re-released on PC. I spent much more time with the PC version. Had a custom server up and running for friends to join and everything. I was thinking about installing it again I suspect all the server stuff is completely broken now however.

#22 magik

magik

It's magik baby!

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:00

I was going to post that Foundation is one of my all time favorite maps but then realized I loved pretty much all Halo 2 maps. :yes: :laugh:

And Lockout! Oh God :)

#23 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:11

I think 3 was definitely the last core-Halo MP that I enjoyed. The drops added just enough that it didn't feel overwhelming but added lots of new strategy. I will never forget seeing the bubble shield for the first time in the Superbowl ad :wub:

Halo 2 had the "next gen" feeling when you played it online for the first time. Was so far and away from everything else MP-related on consoles. Nostalgia plays a big part here in looking back, but even the community when it launched was amazing. It turned to **** a few months later unfortunately :p

Reach is good too but for lots of different reasons and even with its issues 4 can be fun, I just ignore the loadouts and play it "classic" or pretend it's Reach even if I'm at a disadvantage.

#24 McKay

McKay

Grossly Incandescent.

• Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:21

I enjoyed playing Halo anniversary, sadly online co-op wouldn't work properly with me for any of my friends. Whoever wasn't the had crippling latency and frame rate issues. Which judging by the online forums was a very common issue.

Hopefully that will be resolved in anniversary 2.

#25 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

#MalcolmYoungStayStrong

• Tech Issues Solved: 7

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:37

AB has now posted a topic on the leaks and the new developments on MS' attempts to identify ntkrnl.

Will keep this topic open for Halo 2: Anniversary discussion.

#26 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:31

AB has now posted a topic on the leaks and the new developments on MS' attempts to identify ntkrnl.

Will keep this topic open for Halo 2: Anniversary discussion.

So if Microsoft is attempting to identify this person, that means this game is legit right? RIGHT?!

I never was a big Halo fan until the third game, so getting the chance to revisit the 2nd game with improved graphics would be greatly welcomed from me.

#27 Mandosis

Mandosis

Je'daii Ranger

• Phone: Google Nexus 4

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:34

So if Microsoft is attempting to identify this person, that means this game is legit right? RIGHT?!

I never was a big Halo fan until the third game, so getting the chance to revisit the 2nd game with improved graphics would be greatly welcomed from me.

It was hands down the best online multiplayer experience on the original xbox. I spent hours playing it online even though I sucked but it was still fun. Halo: CE, Halo 2 and Halo 3 are the best multiplayer experiences I have ever had and it would be amazing to revisit 2.

#28 The_Decryptor

The_Decryptor

STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 31 January 2014 - 04:38

I only got around to playing H2 in 2011 due to me not owning an original Xbox and wanting to play the series before 4 came out, and out of all of them Reach and ODST were my favourites :laugh: I assume it's because in those games I was just a squad member, not a super duper awesome soldier guy.

I had a bunch of issues getting H2 to work, first copy I got wouldn't load past the first level, and while the second copy worked it didn't hold up well (graphics wise).

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!