• This topic is locked This topic is locked
96 replies to this topic

#16 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,551 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:12

Can we have a xbox vs ps4 vs pc comparison then? I like to run my games at 2560x1600. Resolution seems to be so important, right?

You can do that for $400? Please tell me your secret.

Regardless, this is a rumor at best so why even make a thread about it. It's not even that CLEAR of a rumor either. If it's 100% confirmed, then sure we need to talk about it because we should all be informed before making a purhcase. 720p is today's market is unacceptable.

#17 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,659 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:12

PS4 comes with a TV? :p

#18 spacer

spacer

I'm awesome

• 6,551 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:15

PS4 comes with a TV? :p

Custom computer comes with a large, 4k monitor? :p

#19 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,169 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:19

Who doesn't have a TV? :p

Back to the topic, who really thinks a game like this would have equal parity anyway? It's been delayed, it's from Ubisoft who's first effort on consoles was 900p on One, 1080p on PS4 (AC4) and it's the most taxing kind of game, open world. Tomb Raider has large open plains, but it's not really open world.

The only open world game coming before Watch Dogs for PS4 is inFamous, and it's doing 1080p/30FPS. What does that mean? Not that much in that it's a different developer, but it's an open world game running 1080p nevertheless.

#20 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,009 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:20

Can we have a xbox vs ps4 vs pc comparison then? I like to run my games at 2560x1600. Resolution seems to be so important, right?

Sure, I don't see why not.  Though the current "War" is between the ps4 and xbone not the pc, but feel free.. I mean I've read about some games being capped at 30fps on pc (NFS Rivals).

#21 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,763 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:25

Regardless, this is a rumor at best so why even make a thread about it. It's not even that CLEAR of a rumor either. If it's 100% confirmed, then sure we need to talk about it because we should all be informed before making a purhcase. 720p is today's market is unacceptable.

Thank you.  720P in todays market is unacceptable indeed. 

#22 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:28

Oh well I have this preordered for Wii U already anyway.

#23 psionicinversion

psionicinversion

Neowinian Senior

• 1,875 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:51

I think watch dogs will be quite a demanding game so its not surprising the X1 cant do it at 1080p just yet. Give it 2-3 years and itll be equal if not slightly lower than the PS4, PS4 was designed to give good looking games now rather than having devs take 3 or so years to learn how to get the most out of an X1 style architecture and thats from Mark Cerny himself - Road to PS4 video

still depends on how the upscaler works if its good enough to make it look as good as say a PS4 version but think watch dogs maybe 900p on X1.  Even if both consoles look the same in the game people will still moan.

#24 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 4,811 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 16:08

If people want to post rumors as if they are news, so be it, but is it wrong to ask the OP to use a correct title? It does not mention 720p or the name of the game, so why have words been added? It just looks like it was done for effect.

If you like reading about that stuff as part of the console war rubbish, have fun wading through the crap. Are you trying to say you like the flaming and console wars? That's much different than wanting info about games, which is what I like.

#25 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,721 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:06

The list of 720 games are bigger than the list of 1080 games. It has been done yes, only of a few games. The bigger players game wise, (BF, Titan Fall for example) These are big players. They should be 1080 and their not.  

Name some 720 games then... or are you simply equalling sub 1080 with 720...

#26 firey

firey

F͎̗͉͎͈͑͡ȉ͎̣̐́ṙ͖̺͕͙̓̌è̤̞͉̟̲͇̍̍̾̓ͥͅy͓̍̎̌̏̒

• 8,009 posts
  • Phone: Android (4.4.2)

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:09

If people want to post rumors as if they are news, so be it, but is it wrong to ask the OP to use a correct title? It does not mention 720p or the name of the game, so why have words been added? It just looks like it was done for effect.

If you like reading about that stuff as part of the console war rubbish, have fun wading through the crap. Are you trying to say you like the flaming and console wars? That's much different than wanting info about games, which is what I like.

Didn't mean to insult you.  Usually though you are the voice of reason in these type of threads, kind of the "Why can't we all just get along" guy.  Not that I see that as bad.

#27 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• 4,811 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 17:43

Didn't mean to insult you.  Usually though you are the voice of reason in these type of threads, kind of the "Why can't we all just get along" guy.  Not that I see that as bad.

Well I appreciate you making that clear. I wasn't sure what you meant.

It sounded like you were saying I didn't want to hear about game info like the technical details. My goal is to get the important info I need to decide which game to get or which platform to get it on, while dodging the console war slings and arrows :laugh:

#28 Houtei

Houtei

Neowinian

• 589 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:00

With all the delays im worried the game is even going to be good.   Its kind of sad how some people are so concerned about resolution that they would turn away from a good game because of it and not just enjoy a game.

I finally got my ps4 and its wonderful but because my xbox is on 24/7 because i run my satellite through it and use netflix and what not i get all multi platform games on it just out of convenience.

#29 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 36,169 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 18:30

With all the delays im worried the game is even going to be good.   Its kind of sad how some people are so concerned about resolution that they would turn away from a good game because of it and not just enjoy a game.

I finally got my ps4 and its wonderful but because my xbox is on 24/7 because i run my satellite through it and use netflix and what not i get all multi platform games on it just out of convenience.

If you buy out of convenience why couldn't people buy for technical reasons? You can't really call someones choice to buy the prettier version sad when your reason is because your Xbox is turned on 24/7.

And no I'm not saying your reason is sad, I don't think any reason is sad, I just want to highlight your slight double standard.

#30 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• 8,425 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 19:06

We could, but pointing out a high-end rig beats consoles would be completely pointless; we already know that. Comparing 2 consoles released at the same time is interesting because they are competing against one and other. If we start to see a consistent trend of one platform running games better than another then I think that is an appropriate discussion to have a tech website's gaming area.