96 replies to this topic

#91 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,264 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:22

A) Where does it even mention 720p?

B) Where does it even mention Watch Dogs?
C) These 'insider' rumours are becoming beyond a joke and have hardly been right and often are common speculation

If people want to post rumors as if they are news, so be it, but is it wrong to ask the OP to use a correct title? It does not mention 720p or the name of the game, so why have words been added? It just looks like it was done for effect.

If you like reading about that stuff as part of the console war rubbish, have fun wading through the crap. Are you trying to say you like the flaming and console wars? That's much different than wanting info about games, which is what I like.

Did you guys even visit the source page provided and read the title, its was a direct copy of it.

Here is another source: http://www.examiner....s4-and-xbox-one

And another source: http://www.spawnfirs...soft-game-near/

"Not known for making incorrect statements, he usually doesn’t spout off any comments until he hears, and confirms, the information he gathers from industry people. The recent comments below lead us to believe that the Ubisoft game in question could be Watchdogs, which is the only big multiplatform release coming within a few months. We’ll just have to wait and see."

- In regards to the Industry Insider who claims a new Ubisoft game will be 1080p on PS4 and less on Xbox One.

Considering that every non-sport or racing game on the Xbox One is either sub-1080p, 30 fps or both I'd say this rumor is highly probable. 

#92 +riahc3

riahc3

Neowin's most indecisive member

• 7,759 posts
  • Phone: HTC Desire Z

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:39

Hello,

To me a consumer, it has everything to do with it.

So you, as a consumer, buy the 108 MP camera phone over a 18 MP Canon EOS 700D because megapixels take better pictures right?

#93 OP GotBored

GotBored

Brain Trust

• 1,264 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:13

Hello,
So you, as a consumer, buy the 108 MP camera phone over a 18 MP Canon EOS 700D because megapixels take better pictures right?

There is no 108 MP Camera phone, also Dane isn't comparing a console to a handheld so a camera to a mobile phone camera comparison isn't a correct comparison.

So you, as a consumer buy the 18 MP Canon EOS 7D over a Sony Alpha A7R 36.4 MP Camera? because  megapixels don't matter right?

They do matter, sure other things effect the picture quality also but why not have the best of everything?

#94 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

• 6,763 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 12:17

Hello,

Nope! If I'm taking pictures I'll use my Dslr.

#95 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 6,000 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 31 January 2014 - 13:13

It's not that it can't do it, its just the most taxing part. MS' issue will forever be skimping on the GPU, its the most important for pushing 1080p and 60FPS and the PS4 GPU is just flat out better. Drivers can help but unless you live under a rock and haven't ever experienced PC GPUs vs PC GPUs you'll already know raw power will forever push a resolution/FPS gap. You'll also know drivers can improve even the $600 gfx card so those saying the PS4 is already peaking can keep dreaming.

Sure you can dial back texture quality to help hit 1080p, but that really starts to get ugly. Check the TR comparison pics.

I never said the xb1 and ps4 were on par, im just fed up with people parroting "Xbox can't do 1080?" As though it's some mythical resolution the Xbox will never display. 

#96 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• 1,231 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 31 January 2014 - 13:13

Did you guys even visit the source page provided and read the title, its was a direct copy of it.

Here is another source: http://www.examiner....s4-and-xbox-one

And another source: http://www.spawnfirs...soft-game-near/

"Not known for making incorrect statements, he usually doesn’t spout off any comments until he hears, and confirms, the information he gathers from industry people. The recent comments below lead us to believe that the Ubisoft game in question could be Watchdogs, which is the only big multiplatform release coming within a few months. We’ll just have to wait and see."

- In regards to the Industry Insider who claims a new Ubisoft game will be 1080p on PS4 and less on Xbox One.

Considering that every non-sport or racing game on the Xbox One is either sub-1080p, 30 fps or both I'd say this rumor is highly probable. 

I'm not saying its not possible, I'm saying it's all speculation. You worded the title of the thread, and the content, in a final and fixed manner.

#97 Roger H.

Roger H.

Neowinian Senior

• 12,886 posts
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 31 January 2014 - 13:26

Not Much more to say regarding this rumor which isnt even being sicussed anymore. The 720p vs 1080p arguments have been said and also countered, now let's move on.

Till next time :banghead: