Youtube issues with IE11 on Win 8.1

win8.1

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:21

Anyone have an issue with YouTube videos not playing due to a hung ad? Seems really common in IE11 on Win 8.x. I determined that the issue is with ads because if I refresh a billion times it will eventually load a different ad that will actually play and let me move on to the video from there. How do I resolve this besides patience and a lot of F5 mashing?

#2 Nick H.

Nick H.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 30 January 2014 - 14:32

I'm taking a wild shot in the dark having read something related yesterday, but is Skype running on your computer? What happens if you turn it off and try going to Youtube?

EDIT: Ah, this is what I was thinking about. That seemed to be happening in Firefox though, not IE. But it's worth a go, I guess.

#3 OP Solid Knight

Solid Knight

Neowinian Senior

Posted 30 January 2014 - 15:51

I'm taking a wild shot in the dark having read something related yesterday, but is Skype running on your computer? What happens if you turn it off and try going to Youtube?

EDIT: Ah, this is what I was thinking about. That seemed to be happening in Firefox though, not IE. But it's worth a go, I guess.

I don't use Skype at all or even have it installed.

As a bit of an update, it also seems that if I just wait about three to five minutes it will eventually bring me to the video but not always.

#4 Enron

Enron

Windows for Workgroups

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 900

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:29

I have Google ads and analytics blocked at the router so no problems with Youtube here.

#5 DanHull3

DanHull3

DanHull3

Posted 06 February 2014 - 17:55

Ive heard of this issue on numerous accounts on other forums. Unfortunately there hasn't been a generic answer that solves all issues. It quite literally varys from a mere clean of the cache to a reinstallation of IE.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!