Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:34

Wi-Fi + 3G OLED

16 GB memory card

10 Games (LBP, Wipeout etc)

and Official starter kit

all for less than £140 :D Bargain (Y)

Sony twisted my arm seeing as the LED model is out next week and the stock for OLED will supposedly be gone within weeks. For that price though I'm more than happy to buy it now. Even if the Vita TV were to launch in the UK it'd be at least £100~ and without any extras.

Arrives tomorrow, so plenty of time to test drive it over the weekend

#2 Patrick831

Patrick831

Neowinian

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:36

Love my Vita! Have the OLED one as well. 

You will not be dissapoint! :D

#3 Jason S.

Jason S.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:37

nice work. youre going to love it.

#4 Steve B.

Steve B.

Neowinian British One

• Tech Issues Solved: 5
  • Phone: Apple iPhone 4S

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:40

Now get yourself Persona 4 Golden, easily one of the best games for the system.

#5 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• Tech Issues Solved: 7
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.1

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:45

Congrats,

Personal favorites so far.

Tearaway (best game so far IMO)

Y's Memories of Calceta (JRPG)

KillZone (FPS)

#6 +jamesyfx

jamesyfx

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Nexus 5

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:47

Where did you get that from? :0

#7 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 30 January 2014 - 20:48

Yeah best thing about buying any console a little later in it's life is the nice backlog to catch up on / choose from :p

Congrats,

Personal favorites so far.

Tearaway (best game so far IMO)

Y's Memories of Calceta (JRPG)

KillZone (FPS)

I still can't believe Killzone looks that good on the Vita :| If you showed me footage alone I'd be fooled into thinking it was KZ2 on PS3.

Definitely interested in Tearaway and I've always been intrigued by P4G. Everyone keeps talking about it!

Where did you get that from? :0

Shopto via Play.com. 1 day only sale (or until stock runs out)

#8 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:36

Definitely best with OLED, it looks amazing.

Tip for you, you might be burnt out with LBP, but the Vita version is actually really good, give it a go!

Terraria is where my life goes just now.

#9 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:50

Definitely best with OLED, it looks amazing.

Tip for you, you might be burnt out with LBP, but the Vita version is actually really good, give it a go!

Terraria is where my life goes just now.

I haven't played LBP in some time so I'll definitely be happy to play the Vita version. I've been watching reviews while I decided to click the buy button and was a little confused why they included the tutorial from LBP1 on PS3. But hey ho, will zip through it.

First game I'll be installing is Wipeout though. The very game which made me buy a PS1 all those years ago :wub: Then it's a coin toss between LBP and SFxT :p Just know the latter is going to be gorgeous on the OLED screen.

#10 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 January 2014 - 21:54

I haven't played LBP in some time so I'll definitely be happy to play the Vita version. I've been watching reviews while I decided to click the buy button and was a little confused why they included the tutorial from LBP1 on PS3. But hey ho, will zip through it.

First game I'll be installing is Wipeout though. The very game which made me buy a PS1 all those years ago :wub: Then it's a coin toss between LBP and SFxT :p Just know the latter is going to be gorgeous on the OLED screen.

Motorstorm RC is actually a hidden gem, great wee game and the ghosting versus your friends list is brilliant.

#11 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 30 January 2014 - 22:39

Mentioned it briefly on twitter, but it might be worthwhile grabbing an Ovivo sim at some point.

£20 for the sim for 1GB/data a month for free (you get an ad when you first lost up the web browser, but this doesn't affect games/the store/anything other than the web browser). You get £15 of that back as credit on the sim, so you can add a £10 mobile PSN wallet top up, which leaves £4.90 on there for if you ever go over the 1GB.

#12 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:00

Motorstorm RC is actually a hidden gem, great wee game and the ghosting versus your friends list is brilliant.

I gave it a quick go on the PS3 when it was added to PS+ but I was struggling to decide which control scheme I liked best. Will give it a proper go on the Vita (Y) Along with the 10 free game coupon, my PS+ sub really sweetens this deal so much more. I'm going to have over 20 games off the bat to sink my teeth into. Plus anything I buy with cross-promo in future.

The indie push on vita (even if they are ports right now), is what has been winning me over with the console for a while now. It's going to be great if games like Hotline Miami 2, Starbound etc see releases on it.

Mentioned it briefly on twitter, but it might be worthwhile grabbing an Ovivo sim at some point.

£20 for the sim for 1GB/data a month for free (you get an ad when you first lost up the web browser, but this doesn't affect games/the store/anything other than the web browser). You get £15 of that back as credit on the sim, so you can add a £10 mobile PSN wallet top up, which leaves £4.90 on there for if you ever go over the 1GB.

That actually sounds like a sweet deal. I can tether with my phone but it saves me draining the battery. I'll look into it, so thanks for mentioning it (Y) Is it worthwhile using the 3G when I have a smartphone? Are the MP games highly populated or do you use the bandwidth for store access / web browsing mostly?

TBH I lucked out with the 3G being included. I had no intentions of ever using it and it just happened to be cheaper than wi-fi only deals. At least it's there if I want to use it though :)

#13 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:04

Just noticed that bundle is the WiFi and 3G. What a cracking price getting a 16GB card as well.

Almost tempted to get it myself and offload this Vita to the GF :p

#14 OP Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:14

Just noticed that bundle is the WiFi and 3G. What a cracking price getting a 16GB card as well.

Almost tempted to get it myself and offload this Vita to the GF :p

Yeah really chuffed with it. I would have gladly settled on wi-fi only and the 16 GB at £130 or so. The rest is just gravy (Y)

#15 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 30 January 2014 - 23:17

I gave it a quick go on the PS3 when it was added to PS+ but I was struggling to decide which control scheme I liked best. Will give it a proper go on the Vita (Y) Along with the 10 free game coupon, my PS+ sub really sweetens this deal so much more. I'm going to have over 20 games off the bat to sink my teeth into. Plus anything I buy with cross-promo in future.

The indie push on vita (even if they are ports right now), is what has been winning me over with the console for a while now. It's going to be great if games like Hotline Miami 2, Starbound etc see releases on it.

That actually sounds like a sweet deal. I can tether with my phone but it saves me draining the battery. I'll look into it, so thanks for mentioning it (Y) Is it worthwhile using the 3G when I have a smartphone? Are the MP games highly populated or do you use the bandwidth for store access / web browsing mostly?

TBH I lucked out with the 3G being included. I had no intentions of ever using it and it just happened to be cheaper than wi-fi only deals. At least it's there if I want to use it though :)

Depends, it's one of those things that's just handy to have. Like if you're on a train or something and want to buy a small game.

You'll fill up the 16GB card pretty quick though! I have a 16GB for Vita games, and a 4GB one for old PSP games. I'm eyeing up one of the 64GB ones from Play-Aisa, but I'll probably just end up getting a second 16GB and labelling them :(.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!