ps4 xbox one microsoft sony frame rate resolution

1132 replies to this topic

#1126 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,973 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 10 August 2014 - 16:50

I wouldn't say that, I have AC4, WD and Splinter Cell Blacklist all on the PC and they all play fine and without any issues.  Now if the problem people have is with online and multiplayer stuff, then I guess I'm lucky since I only play these games for the single player.

Im on NVIDIA for my GPU now, but back when I had an AMD card, I would get roughly half the FPS of the equivalent NVIDIA card, UPlay would constantly lose connection to the servers then kick me out the game, every time a popular game comes out, half the time the servers die completely and PC players can't even play it, sometimes for days. Even on an NVIDIA card their games are unoptimised garbage for PC.

Ubisoft have shown nothing but contempt for the PC market. 

#1127 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• 5,973 posts
  • Phone: LG G3

Posted 10 August 2014 - 18:33

OK I think the 720p is wrong. On my psn store it says diablo 3 is 720p too. 

#1128 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,603 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 10 August 2014 - 21:02

Im on NVIDIA for my GPU now, but back when I had an AMD card, I would get roughly half the FPS of the equivalent NVIDIA card, UPlay would constantly lose connection to the servers then kick me out the game, every time a popular game comes out, half the time the servers die completely and PC players can't even play it, sometimes for days. Even on an NVIDIA card their games are unoptimised garbage for PC.

Ubisoft have shown nothing but contempt for the PC market. 

I've been lucky with all the AMD cards I've owned (back when they were still ATi) and don't really care if uPlay doesn't connect since I'm not doing any MP anyways.   As long as the game can run smooth I'm ok with turning a few things down if I have to, not crazy about everything being at max like others. 

#1129 Showan

Showan

Neowinian Senior

• 1,768 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 521

Posted 10 August 2014 - 21:23

Assassins Creed: Unity might not run at 1080p on PS4 - http://wccftech.com/...80p-resolution/
attachicon.gifassassins-creed-unity-720p-ps4-300x178.jpg

This had better be a miss-print. I dont want to buy it on PC, most of my friends are on PS4 and I cant wait to play Co-op with them. Plus UPlay on PC is the worst piece of software I've ever had the displeasure of using, and knowing Ubisofts history, it'll be an unoptimised piece of crap.

Nothing like U-Play to send you into a rage...

For a company that makes amazing games.... U-Play is a abomination.

#1130 Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

• 35,948 posts

Posted Yesterday, 13:55

Diablo 3 was 60FPS constant at 900p on XB1, dips to low 50s now during action scenes at 1080p - http://www.eurogamer...ign=socialoomph

#1131 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,603 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted Yesterday, 14:37

Dips to low 50s is fine, now if it was dips to low 30s we'd have something more to talk about.

#1132 LaP

LaP

Forget about it

• 5,739 posts

Posted Yesterday, 14:49

Usually you want to keep the framerate over 50 fps.

I think lot of people don't realize how hard it is to keep a consistent framerate of 60fps. To have a framerate of 60fps all the time your framerate needs to be around 80fps. That's really hard to achieve in most of the games.

Lot of PC gamers played a game like Tomb Raider with a framerate dipping below 60fps. If the framerate dips in the low 50 here and there it's not a problem at all as long as you don't use a vsync method bringing the fps to 30 when it happens.

#1133 BajiRav

BajiRav

Neowinian Senior

• 10,577 posts
  • Phone: Lumia 920

Posted Today, 05:01

Diablo 3 was 60FPS constant at 900p on XB1, dips to low 50s now during action scenes at 1080p - http://www.eurogamer...ign=socialoomph

Did they re-test PS4 version with latest patch? PS4 had many problems dips in the same 900p test.

http://www.eurogamer...rmance-analysis

...To cut to the chase, the PS4 version isn't as smooth in action as its Xbox One counterpart...

...PS4 does not quite control in the same way as a result of stutters elsewhere - with our Barbarian character lagging behind occasionally during both combat and traversal...

...but we also see frames being cut on Sony's platform where the Xbox One is smoother throughout...