Answered Go to the full post ps4 sony firmware

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
98 replies to this topic

#31 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:07

Glad I can use my Pulse headset with it but WTF? I'm getting "This service is not available in your country/region" when I try to go to the store...  :/

PS Store was "down for maintenance" on the PS4 for me for quite a long while last night. Worked fine on the PS3 though.

PSN has been a shambles since the PS4 launch :(.

#32 Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 05 February 2014 - 12:15

PS Store was "down for maintenance" on the PS4 for me for quite a long while last night. Worked fine on the PS3 though.

Yup, have you also noticed, sometimes when sending a message from a ps4, it doesn't get received by the person you were sending it to, and instead it ends up in your inbox on the ps3?

#33 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 05 February 2014 - 15:14

Yup, have you also noticed, sometimes when sending a message from a ps4, it doesn't get received by the person you were sending it to, and instead it ends up in your inbox on the ps3?

That happened to me a couple times, but not in the last few weeks. 

#34 American Ninja

American Ninja

Don't Tread on Me!!!!

• Phone: Apple iPhone 5 32GB

Posted 05 February 2014 - 15:37

PSN has been fine since launch. The only time it has been down for me was at launch and when the store was down last night. I was still able to play games online.

I found a stealth update. the predictive text bar is now on the on screen keyboard when you are entering text chat messages in the Live with PlayStation section.

#35 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 February 2014 - 15:58

DLNA Support

CD/MP3-CD Support

External HDD Support.

Customizable UI Themes

3D Blu-ray Support

YouTube Streaming support

Improved/More Voice commands.

Additional Options and minor fixes.

I have a feeling PS4 owners will be drip-feed those types of features on the next several months.

#36 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2014 - 16:01

I have a feeling PS4 owners will be drip-feed those types of features on the next several months.

I agree, but it would have been nice to get say one of those features as part of this update.

#37 sbauer

sbauer

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 February 2014 - 16:07

Shambles? That's a little strong and inaccurate. The network has been fine for the most part, but there have been issues. 

PS4 and PS3 use different pieces of the PSN network. 

#38 Brian M.

Brian M.

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 10

Posted 05 February 2014 - 16:19

Shambles? That's a little strong and inaccurate. The network has been fine for the most part, but there have been issues. 

PS4 and PS3 use different pieces of the PSN network.

Personally, I think it has been. It's *much* worse than it was before.

For example, I have a 120mbit internet connection here, and can't download a game from PSN at more than about 5 - which makes downloading a 20 or so GB game very difficult. It frequently goes down with no explanation from Sony (e.g. yesterday the store was down, but the status page said everything was up). With the exception of the old security breach, PSN was pretty stable. In the last 2 months I can recall at least 8 times when I've not been able to use it - and I'm not exactly on my consoles 24/7 - so I guarantee there's ones I've missed.

Heck, the other day, it took nearly 10 minutes to download my LBP game save (50MB) from PS+ storage. I also quite often see messages about failed save uploads on my Vita in the morning.

I don't expect it to be up 24/7 365 days a year. But given that it's now effectively a paid service - I do expect higher levels of reliability and at least a correct status page when it does go down.

#39 sbauer

sbauer

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 05 February 2014 - 16:24

For example, I have a 120mbit internet connection here, and can't download a game from PSN at more than about 5 - which makes downloading a 20 or so GB game very difficult. It frequently goes down with no explanation from Sony (e.g. yesterday the store was down, but the status page said everything was up). With the exception of the old security breach, PSN was pretty stable. In the last 2 months I can recall at least 8 times when I've not been able to use it - and I'm not exactly on my consoles 24/7 - so I guarantee there's ones I've missed.

Heck, the other day, it took nearly 10 minutes to download my LBP game save (50MB) from PS+ storage. I also quite often see messages about failed save uploads on my Vita in the morning.

I don't expect it to be up 24/7 365 days a year. But given that it's now effectively a paid service - I do expect higher levels of reliability and at least a correct status page when it does go down.

I don't know. Maybe the EU servers are worse. Even with the problems yesterday, I downloaded Outlast at 6-7 MB/s. The entire game (4GB) took less than 15 minutes. 

I agree about the reliability though. It needs to be better. 

#40 compl3x

compl3x

Feels good, dunnit?

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S4

Posted 05 February 2014 - 16:26

I downloaded all of the Feb PS+ (EU) for PS3 content pretty quickly.

#41 +Audioboxer

Audioboxer

Hermit Arcana

Posted 05 February 2014 - 17:33

My speeds pretty much echo the PS3 ones, but I only have a 3.5mb connection and it was always maxed out.

I guess Sony will argue you don't pay to download, you pay to play online, but that download speed for 50mb was crazy. 10 minutes :/

#42 red.

red.

Neowinian Senior

Posted 05 February 2014 - 17:55

When i downloaded the update yesterday evening i managed to be about 1 MB (byte) a second so it wasn't too bad. Feels better than the PS3 speeds.

#43 +Anarkii

Anarkii

Member N° 1,455

• Phone: iPhone 6+, iOS 8.1

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:08

This is basically the same as 1.60 firmware, so not sure exactly what has been updated. 

#44 Jub Fequois

Jub Fequois

Owlblood

• Phone: OnePlus One

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:13

Probably minor bug fixes. I hope they add 3D BluRay support soon, and improve the multi-channel audio support for applications like Netflix. I still use my PS3 for multimedia playback. :s

Edit: Thanks for the heads up. 

#45 trooper11

trooper11

Neowinian Senior

Posted 18 February 2014 - 15:08

I was hoping for a little more, but progress is progress. 

We all have a wish list of things they could improve.